The Taking of Beverly Hills Reviews

• Jul 27, 2018

Totally ridiculous, cartoonish 80s-action-movie-that-happened-to-be-made-in-the-90s. it's obviously trying to cash in on the success of hits like Die Hard and Beverly Hills Cop, and it fails miserably. Despite all this is a total blast. Loads of fun with a lead I can't take seriously at all, but is no less fun watching. It's worth it alone for the showdown of the Mullets.

• Aug 26, 2013

80s movie made in the 90s . . . pretentious and wretched

80s movie made in the 90s . . . pretentious and wretched

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Aug 13, 2012

The only thing I expected out of this movie was a 1980's style action flick that would just be something to pass the time away.I also never expected to like or even enjoy it but I did.I loved the action, The bits of comedy here & there & as usual, Matt Frewer is always funny.After watching Short Time I'll watch about any movie he's in.You should take a chance on The Taking Of Beverly Hills.Either you'll (Hopefully) enjoy it as much as I did or it'll just be something to watch

• Jun 20, 2012

"The Taking of Beverly Hills" is a curious movie that fails on a lot of different levels, most notably failing to be an entertaining B-movie. It's too silly, forgettable and bland to even be successful at that. Where does this film go wrong? Let's start with the most obvious mistake: the casting of Ken Wahl in the lead role. How far down in the action hero leading man barrel did the makers of this film have to scrape to come up with Wahl? He has no charisma, all of his one-liners fall with a thud and he's almost upstaged by his comic sidekick. And did I mention that his sidekick is played by Matt Frewer? It's almost like Wahl isn't here at all. He has a negative personality. And then there's the script that almost plays like a really bad episode of "The A Team". The blandness of the screenplay is best indicated by the forgettable, routine title. The weak, boring action scenes are "PG-13" at best, but the picture managed to secure an "R" rating in a vain attempt to get some much-needed street cred. The action mostly consists of a tank blowing up buildings, and the script is full of embarrassing football cliches to play off the fact that un-hero Wahl plays a famous football star. The movie takes far too long getting started and pads out the running time with a lot of unnecessary filler material in the beginning, and the bad guys are just as uninteresting as the rest of "The Taking of Beverly Hills". It's a dull and dim-witted movie.

• Jun 04, 2011

"La prise de Beverly Hills"

"La prise de Beverly Hills"

• Feb 16, 2010

Ken Wahl, buscando triunfar como actor de cine, abandona la television para entregarse a este desastre de cinta, con muy poca accion y facilmente descartable. Ken quien?

• Feb 16, 2010

• Jan 21, 2010

When your a kid and you think it's shit, well you know it must be shit.

When your a kid and you think it's shit, well you know it must be shit.

• Nov 17, 2008

It was a long time coming for me to see this film. Ever since I was given the sweet gift of Hulk Hogan's "Surburban Commando," this one movie haunted me. What was the name of the 2nd trailer in that movie and who the hell starred in it? Fast forward to October 2008 and I finally unearthed this treasure never to be released on DVD. Ken Wahl (what, never heard of him?) is Boomer Hayes, the sexiest QB EVER, and is the only man who can save Beverly Hills. This movie was supposed to effectively launch Wahl as the next big action star...didn't happen cuz this was an epic failure in the box office. This contains a ludicrous plot, below subpar acting, an awesome mullet, and some great one-liners. Were it not for the character of Benitez, I don't know what the hell old Boomer would do cuz the crazy Samoan SOB fuels the fire in this movie. Bought it for .28 cents on Amazon, easily one of the best purchases of all time. This is now in my cult collection and I will be adding the poster to my room soon.

• Nov 15, 2008

What a pile of garbage this movie is, but it is an epic pile of garbage. This is an unintentional comedy gem. Ken Wahl certainly has the look of a football player, and I guess that should have been good enough. But a poor script, poor acting around him, not saying he was great make this movie an utter mess, not to mention the totally stupid premise. The Benitez character was a laugh riot, as he says things that really don't make any sense, and gets right up from being caught on fire like it never happened. He also has the best line of the movie as he warns Boomer "It's only halftime". Simply priceless.