The Tenant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tenant Reviews

½ June 18, 2013
A monster/slasher film that is more original in its presentation than most. While not a great film by any means, it beats out others in its low-budget horror genre.
½ May 14, 2013
Just another bad creature feature featuring cell phones with no signal.
February 10, 2013
This film was dreadful and not in a good way. The movie starts with a flashback which encompasses 40 minutes (half of the movie pretty much) and goes on way too long. The prologue is supposed to set up the second half of the film but what happens is mostly confusing and infuriating. When the movie does get going it is revealed to us that most of the potential victims who will die are mute children making this the quietest horror movie ever made. Anyway I think the movie breaks a lot of common sense rules even for horror movie standards. When all was said and done I just felt anger. Avoid the movie unless you're a hardcore Michael Berryman fan.
½ October 11, 2012
Twenty-eight years ago, Dr. Walter Newman (Randy Molnar) is running a mental asylum and is also trying to find a way to cure disabilities. His wife, Olivia (Georgia Chris), is against the testing, especially when she tells him she's pregnant with twins. But Dr. Newman's psycho assistant Ms. Tinsley (Sylvia Boykin) wants the tests completed, so she secretly injects one of Olivia's twins with a serum.

When the babies are born, the girl is normal, but the boy - the one injected with the serum - turns out to be a monster.

Twenty-eight years later, a group of deaf students and their chaperones get a flat tire in front of the now abandoned mental hospital, and decide to stay there for the night. But the monster child is all grown up, and ready to wreak some havoc on the unsuspecting kids.

This film tried to be a new Frankenstein-style film, but failed miserably. The acting, directing, effects, makeup, everything was beyond B-rated. Plus it was extremely boring, until the end, but even then it wasn't exciting at all because you never got to know the characters in the final half so you didn't care. They could've just focused on the doctor's experiments and be it, but instead the director cut both sections short to incorporate both parts into the film, which wasn't really needed.
July 27, 2012
Don't ask why but I liked this movie.
June 9, 2012
Moved too damn slow! Might have been a decent slasher/monster flick, if it didn't take so long for the opening scene.
½ May 25, 2012
Thank you redbox for having another shitty horror movie.
½ August 8, 2011
One of the year's worse movie ever...
½ August 4, 2011
Wow, did this movie blow chunks! After about 20min. we wondered why we were still watching it. After 45min. we finally came to our senses and fast forwarded through the second half only to realize we shouldn't have even bothered.
½ August 2, 2011
Oh my God! When I thought horror couldn't get much worse.