Reviews

• Sep 12, 2021

Not the best prequel slasher movie.

Not the best prequel slasher movie.

• Sep 07, 2021

A surprisingly enjoyable addition to the TCM franchise, despite being completely unnecessary. Entertaining supporting characters, serviceable acting from the films leads and delightful amounts of gore made this a far more entertaining watch than expected. It does absolutely nothing to better explain the franchises origins, but on its own merits, a pretty descent and bloody little horror film offering. 7/10

• Jul 12, 2021

Spoiler Alert: The 4 heroes all die.

Spoiler Alert: The 4 heroes all die.

• Apr 30, 2021

This was the first movie of the whole franchise that I ever watched (back in 2008) and I don't think I ever rewatched it since around that time but it is genuinely good? I loved how it felt kinda gritty like the original one and also none of the leads have the horror-movie-character stupidity syndrome so I kinda felt bad for them... Plus the ending was fun, really dig this 'no one survives' thing because I wasn't that swayed by the final girl

• Mar 13, 2021

No Brasil, Chainsaw, foi traduzido errado pra "serra elétrica". O que acabou sendo um chamariz do filme. Até vir alguém e dizer "aceita, que dói menos". Com essa versão piloto agora sabemos que a famosa máscara agora é desse Eric (Matthew Bomer).

• Mar 04, 2021

R. Lee Ermey as "Sheriff Hoyt" was absolutely golden as a villain and stole the show with the sadistic acting and southern comic. Every thing else was expected. A slasher , generic roles with little new other than gory and entertaining.

• Nov 08, 2020

Not too terrible as far as horror remakes go!

Not too terrible as far as horror remakes go!

• Sep 08, 2020

Excessively gory. Not for the squeamish or feint of heart.

Excessively gory. Not for the squeamish or feint of heart.

• Aug 30, 2020

This is the same story every movie. Why can't it be different than the original. I'm done with Texas chainsaw massacre remakes.

• Aug 14, 2020

This movie was not as fun as the remake with Jessica Biel, it was interesting, but went so slow.