The Thing with Two Heads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Thing with Two Heads Reviews

October 4, 2018
.A top surgeon is dying, so in a last-ditch effort in order to preserve himself he instructs his staff to perform a head transplant. The volunteer body is a Black deathrow inmate scheduled for execution for a murder charge. Instead of removing the inmates head, they only add the doctors head in a sense creating a "Thing With Two Heads." The Thing escapes and the police are in hot pursuit while the two heads constantly bicker and offer race-relation commentary. One of the few blaxpolitation forays into horror.
March 2, 2018
i thought it was kinda cool, im very low class though
February 27, 2018
Saw this at the drive-in. It has haunted me ever since. I refer to it or I'm somehow reminded of it at least three times a week to this day.
October 2, 2016
I LOVE this movie. It's campy and hilarious. A must see for any B-movie fan.
August 23, 2016
Although sadly forgotten nowadays, "The Thing With Two Heads" raises a number of issues that are STILL pertinent in 2016(it's no coincidence that it came out in 1972 the same year as the notorious "Tuskegee syphilis study" became public knowledge),as Harriet Washington's "Medical Apartheid: The Dark History Of Experimentation On African Americans From Colonial Times To The Present" (Doubleday 2007) makes clear!
January 28, 2016
I expected to like this piece of schlock a lot more than I ultimately did, as the best bits seem to have been the stuff they lured me in with for the trailer. Perhaps I will revisit one day with lowered expectations and find some laughs, but this just didn't grab me the way I expected it to.

Rental? Maybe?
January 23, 2015
Better than i expected, sure it had it's bad parts, but it was pretty funny at times, even just the premise made me laugh.
December 26, 2013
The Thing With Two Heads helps to signify the predicament that Ray Milland was in at this time in his career. His career as a serious dramatic and well-respected actor seemed to be over, and he chose to do some not so great movies that were really beneath him. Such is the case with this one. In truth, it isn't altogether terrible, but it's really not that great. The idea and the visuals are hilarious more than anything, and the movie stops being a movie about a man with someone else's head on his shoulder about halfway through and de-evolves into Smokey and the Bandit. Not that that's totally a bad thing because it winds up being a lot of fun. A great movie it isn't, but if you're into really trash B movies with a lot of camp factor that are trying to deliver a social message, then this particular movie is bound to be up your alley.
½ July 27, 2013
Ok cheese, but not very exciting. Best part was the police chase.
July 7, 2013
A Howler from start to finish--All things '70s merged into one!!
March 8, 2013
Considering the goofiness that precedes it, the ending is kind of mean-spirited. Even though Ray Milland's character is kind of definitely a douche, here's a squandered opportunity to make a dynamic character out of him (or as dynamic a character you could possibly muster in a movie about a two-headed man). Why, he could've changed his bigoted ways and helped Grier out... but instead the filmmakers decided just to lop off his head and call it a day.

And that dirt bike vs. police cruiser chase runs about thirty minutes too long. Gotta love those spontaneously regenerating cars arriving just in time to be hurled off the same cliff time and time again though!
December 22, 2012
The Thing with Two Heads is a lame racist comedy from the early 1970s that is a big heavy load of B-movie action. Giants player Rosie Grier and Ray Miland are a bad team to work with together and have no chemistry at all.
The movie follows a dying old bigot, Maxwell Kirshner, who is a rich doctor. As he is dying, the only way to save him is to transplant his head on a healthy body, turning out to be death row prisoner Jack Moss. After nearly a half hour on the screen of boring transplant work, Maxwell and Jack's heads are on one body. Back in the 1970s, I guess this was funny but it's just plain stupid for me. Since this is a soul brother-like 1970s movie, the two-headed man run from the cops on dirt bikes with groovy '70s soul music playing. A doctor is also held hostage by them and follows them wherever they go. It's a cheesy and somewhat boring movie.
Why do I find it boring? Because half of the scenes in the first hour are transplant work in the ER. It's just boring, until car chases appear and soul music starts playing. Then it just feels like if Good Times had a feature film.
December 18, 2012
Another perfect Midnight Movie. Very campy. Intense for the time with the science.
½ December 8, 2012
This sci-fi horror thriller from 1972 is not only a bad movie but it's almost a hilarious comedy in just how bad it truly is! A racist White Transplant Surgeon has his head put on the body of a black prisoner in this hokey over the top movie. Great to watch with friends and make fun of!
November 1, 2012
Hilarity insues when a white biggot gets his head transplanted on a black guy. ^_^
½ October 27, 2012
A racist, but terminally ill surgeon has his head transplanted onto the body of a black convict to save his life. Transplant storyline is good but film loses it in a grossly overdone chase where no less than 14 police cars are destroyed.
½ August 5, 2012
I love this movie. Its not... good,per se. But there are some awesome characters, and its worth watching it just for the very end.
½ July 13, 2012
In the words of my friend Chazlow "its a big car chase, and a little bit of science". SCIENCE!
Theres nothing like a hilarious premise. Even if the movie isn't that great - the premise can sometimes hold it through (unless it's Night of the Lepus). The scientist is racist, right!? And then! His head... gets stitched on... A BLACK GUYS BODY. Pure genius. Also it's a pretty fun watch with a slightly Blues Brotheresque car chase and lots of SCIENCE.
June 15, 2012
Ridiculous but hilarious
April 4, 2012
Mókás ötlet, egy öreg rasszita orvos fej (C)re, egy fekete stici fej (C)t rávarrni, pusztán egy zavaros orvosi kutatás (C)rdek (C)ben. A filmben egy bizonyos pontig valóban vicces a szitu, de a v (C)g (C)re elfárad a kreatúra.