The Three Caballeros Reviews

• Jul 13, 2019

It kills me to rate any Disney movie so low, but I can't help it. I understand the history and significance of The Three Caballeros...heck, I have even been on the attraction at WDW no less than 100 times, but I couldn't get into the film. I am not sure I fully understand the movie, other than Donald visits Brazil and Mexico and somehow receives some gifts (throw in a short about a penguin). Donald's character is as like-able in this film as in any other, but the flow of the film didn't work for me. I am sure back in 1945, this film was viewed as being advanced, but it comes off a little weird for 2019. Honestly, the best scene was during the iconic Three Caballeros song, other than that, I was not impressed with the film.

• Jun 21, 2019

Not only does this add to my favorites of Donald Duck, but it teaches of Latin American Cultures as well as being the first to combine Live action with animation! Not to mention hilarious and artistic all the way through! This is a plus for everyone to see!

• Mar 20, 2019

Significantly better than Saludos Amigos, but still not much in comparison to pre-war efforts. The sequences and songs for Baia were very entertaining, there were a good number of songs that were catchy throughout, and the live action sequences mixed with animation were pretty cool. In the style of Fantasia and Dumbo it seems that the animators decided to do another scene while they were high, because there is a scene near the end where everything is abstract and has abrupt scene changes over and over. Joe Carioca and Panchito were both fun to watch and I learned a little bit about Mexican Christmas celebrations, but it's not a film I would want to rewatch.

• Feb 10, 2019

One of the most entertaining Disney trios from the Golden Age of animation, The Three Caballeros introduces an underrated Disney character with a lot of charm to him named Panchito. A character that fits perfectly with Donald and Jose. One of the first Disney films to use the mixing of live action and animation, it's a real treat to watch as it is much more impressive in comparison to the time period it was made in. What a film should manage to do is entice someone with its style and a distinctive setting. Since the film mixes live action with animation, it makes you want to jump in and dance with the main characters and the real humans they get involved with. The film could honestly be referred to as some kind of Mexican drug created by Salvador Dali. There are some surreal sequences that beautifully correspond to the kind of culture the film takes to its advantage. Sometimes the film can linger through both the dance sequences and the animation sequences involving the main characters. What's strange for me to say is that I feel the film would've been even better if it was a bit shorter, if they shortened out some of its sequences. Something they shouldn't shorten are those well-animated surreal sequences throughout the second half of the film. Along with some great singing moments, one sung by the great Aurora Miranda, that some will both have you tap your toes and calm you down. There's also a charming couple of animated sequences in the beginning with a penguin and a donkey. While nothing great, they compliment the film very well. And along with some great character animation on the three main characters, this is an underrated, musical, animated delight. 3.5/4

• Jun 29, 2018

Although not the best film ever, I loved it. It has an exciting and very funny story, although it is not the best movie ever. I recommend.

• Apr 30, 2018

It resembles the creation of a hopelessly romantic artist in the throes of an LSD high. It's all over the place, but it's inspired.

• Feb 26, 2018

i love this movie. i'd watch it every day for the next 40 years.

i love this movie. i'd watch it every day for the next 40 years.

• Jan 29, 2018

The importance of this film to try and persuade Latin America from joining with the Axis can't be understated. Disney has done this for decades and will continue to do this so long as it benefits their share price. That being said, this movie was ahead of its time in combining animation with live action and proves, like it or not, Disney is always future thinking

• Feb 19, 2017

Più che un film d'animazione sembra un esperimento piuttosto mal riuscito, viste le animazioni mediocri e una storia vaga e non lineare. Non è riuscito a coinvolgermi neanche un momento e secondo me rimane uno dei peggiori della Disney di quegli anni.

• Nov 01, 2016

Like "Saludos Amigos," this package piece consist of a series of loosely connected Latin American themed shorts that are as energetic and charming as they are slight.