The Tiger Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tiger Hunter Reviews

November 14, 2017
Five staaaaaarrs!! I would put the entire galaxy ?? if I could.
Tiger Hunter hit the right notes with an inspirational message.
I was very inspired by the touching and truthful story. But what hooked me to love this film was twisting the conventional template and keeping the well developed hero an honest and sincere one. ?????? AND IT WAS FUNNY TOO!
October 14, 2017
This really is good-feeling family fun. This takes so heavy concepts and delivers it with feel-good comedy and a 70s flair. I highly recommend you go see it!

I don't want to make this a long review, but with so many important minority firsts, it's important you go see it and give it a chance. You won't regret it!
October 13, 2017
This movie is a hilarious account of immigrants' struggle and rise in the US. We definitely need more movies like this; not only to educate immigrant haters, but also for diasporic Desis like myself to see beyond the current successful status of the doctors and engineers in the community. I definitely appreciate and respect my dad, and the uncles and aunties more after watching The Tiger Hunter.
October 1, 2017
I absolutely loved The Tiger Hunter film. I watched it because it contains my favourite actress, Karen David. As always she was absolutely fabulous playing her on-screen character, Ruby.

Sami (Danny Pudi), an engineer, wants to follow his dreams. In order to reach his aspirations he decides to move to America. He is supported by his one and only true love, Ruby, who gives him everything she can to help him achieve his dreams. I love the bond between Ruby and Sami, they are just adorable.

This is a heartfelt movie showing the importance of acceptance, equality and love. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll absolutely love this film.

Emma Esberger <3
September 29, 2017
I laughed more than I thought I would. Nice light movie.
September 28, 2017
This movie is so very good!! The storyline is excellent and profound. All actors were superb! I was immediately transported back to the 70's and even teared up during one scene (I never cry). Looking forward to seeing it again to catch the small details. Find it and see it ASAP!
September 25, 2017
Amazing movie that was powerful, witty, and sweet. Definitely recommend!!
September 24, 2017
The film at times can be fluffy and overlong, but the cast keeps the film upbeat and good natured. B-
September 24, 2017
I've seen this movie three times and laughed out loud every single time. Lena Khan's directorial debut is a revelation. Funny, touching, absurd, heartwarming and sentimental, this hits all the right notes. A feel good movie that'll leave you smiling.

Danny Pudi is charming as Sami, an engineer who heads to America to make a name for himself, so that he might live up to the legend of his father, the great tiger hunter, and also woo his childhood sweetheart Ruby. Karen David sparkles as the best friend/object of Sami's desire. You believe their friendship is real and their chemistry leaps off the screen.

Jon Heder and Kevin Pollack turn in fantastic performances as "coworkers" at Sami's depressing job (he works in the basement, drafting designs all day for a failing microwave business). But the real star amongst the dozen sidekicks is Babu, played with crackling glee by Rizwan Manji. Babu is the id of the movie, a cheerful immigrant living the American dream with his General Lee car and his "fiancée" Mary Tyler Moore. Babu is every college student moving out for the first time, into an apartment with their best friend (or 13), dead broke, but full of hope and excitement.

Seeing this film not only reminds you of how much immigrants have made the US what it is, but it also harkens back to a time when the American dream seemed tangible, romantic, and possible. Frankly, the world needs more Samis, Rubys, Babus, Alexes, Kareems, Rehans, Vikrams, Abdullahs, Parags and Siddeshes.

Go see this darling film.
September 23, 2017

Jon Heder and Kevin Pollack turn in fantastic performances as "coworker's" at Sami's depressing job (he works in the basement, drafting designs all day for a failing microwave business). But the real star amongst the dozen sidekicks is Babu, played with crackling glee by Rizwan Manji. Babu is the id of the movie, a gleeful immigrant living the American dream with his General Lee car and his "fiancée" Mary Tyler Moore. Babu is every college student moving out for the first time, into an apartment with their best friend (or 13), dead broke, but full of hope and excitement.

Go see this darling film.
September 22, 2017
Loved this movie. This isn't your typical love story; very clever and thoughtful.
September 21, 2017
I loved the Tiger Hunter. It was funny but not based on stupid slapstick pranks. It was heartfelt and allowed a humorous yet poignant little glimpse into an immigrant's desire to be given an opportunity to obtain the American Dream.
September 19, 2017
This is a funny movie that touches the heart. It's worth watching over and over.
September 19, 2017
I watched the premiere last night in Knoxville. It was an excellent family friendly movie that people can relate to! The story was funny and yet he a great message.
September 18, 2017
Fantastic film!!! A well made movie with tons of heart and comedy as well. Job Heder, Rizwan Manji, Karen David, turn in amazing performances under the wonderful direction of Lena Kahn. A definite must see!
September 17, 2017
Fantastic movie! Independent filmmaking at it's very best with a delightful cast and funny storyline, this movie will have you smiling from start to finish!
September 17, 2017
An incredible film about chasing the American dream. A wonderful story for immigrant families.
September 14, 2017
Family Friendly. Pudi is a star.
September 12, 2017
Hilarious, honest, and fun!
September 12, 2017
Heartwarming and fun! Really made me appreciate all that first generation immigrants go through to have a better life here.