The To Do List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The To Do List Reviews

January 29, 2016
Coming of age for the girls. Boo ya. ( bonus points for 90s setting)
½ January 25, 2016
i thought this movie was funny enough to watch two times...despite the bad ratings. lots of actors in here, and their representation of the early 1990's is pretty on point.
January 4, 2016
An underrated gem. Hardly any of the witty, unapologetically obscene humor in this fresh take on the raunchy teen comedy genre falls flat. The message is clear, consistent--but not forced--and, more importantly, empowering. Not to mention, Aubrey Plaza can add this role to the top of her towering list of hilarious deadpan performances.
January 1, 2016
LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! ITS HILAROUSSS
½ December 25, 2015
yawn, nothing special however there are some hilarious moments yet there are very scares
½ December 18, 2015
Critics threw this one in the tank, probably in part because of how awkward it is. They also accused the film of playing it safe, which it certainly does not. The To Do List covers a wide range of sexually explicit topics in a manner that strives to be awkward to convey how awkward these first experiences really are. The topics are addressed with minimal tact and confronted head on and I really appreciated that. The all star cast keeps the movie laughter filled throughout and I really enjoyed the viewing experience, something that can't be often said for most films these days.
December 9, 2015
inappropriate but hilarious.
½ November 20, 2015
Raunchy, comedic, female version of American Pie. Great comedians and some stupid laughs.
½ November 19, 2015
I liked "The To Do List" very much. It had the whole 90's thing going on. I grew up in the 90's so I loved the music in the film. Aubrey Plaza really was awesome in this. I think she is very funny.
November 9, 2015
Good cast, but lackluster storyline. Aubrey Plaza and Rachel Bilson had great chemistry. Wish there were more scenes with them. The rest of the cast did a pretty good job with a subpar story. If this was supposed to be the female version of American pie it feel way short. There were a couple laughs, but nothing really noteworthy. I was really hoping for more given all the comedic people in this movie.
October 16, 2015
Una comedia con el clásico tema de "perder la virginidad", pero con un giro más original y bien hecho, todos los personajes son geniales y los toques noventeros le dan un plus. Podrá tornarse monotona en ocasiones, pero es una película con un humor "raunchy" (estilo Super Bad o Knocked Up) que es garantía de risas.
October 16, 2015
Charming coming of age story centered around the always delightful Aubrey Plaza and her self-imposed list of sexual acts that she wants to try/master before entering college to get rid of her uptight image.

Recommended.
½ October 5, 2015
Revisit on an 80's theme. Just so so.
½ September 9, 2015
I thought it was really funny. Aubrey Plaza is a gem
½ August 23, 2015
A nice laugh that benefits from Aubrey Plaza's great performance. Maybe not for everyone, but for the rest is a nice and funny ride.
August 7, 2015
A coming to age comedy about a naive high school girl to be whore. Bill Hader is hilarious as usual even though its just a small role he plays.
July 26, 2015
I actually didn't hate this, and I'm pretty surprised since I usually hate this genre. Aubrey Plaza is pretty much always fun, and for once I really enjoyed Rachel Bilson in her role. The multitude of 90s references were good for a laugh and while there really isn't much point, it's not a complete waste of time.
July 10, 2015
Scott Porter puts in a surprisingly good performance in this summertime coming of age comedy. CDW
July 6, 2015
I enjoyed this from start to finish. Great flick
July 5, 2015
It's pretty hard to enjoy a film when every character in it is cynical and unlikeable. Such is the case with The To Do List. It tries to mimic the success of American Pie, all the way down to the 1990s setting, but instead of being a coming of age tale that was supported by jokes and gags, this film is nothing more than a bunch of gross out gags that are lightly tethered by some story. In the film, the high school graduate nerd decides to create a list of sexual activities to familiarize herself with, all in the hopes of sleeping with an older guy. Even the basic plot is cynical. All of the characters are one dimensional and nothing more. And none of them are likeable, because they all do horrible things. And speaking of horrible things, the gross out gags take things to a whole other level and become really uncomfortable midway through. The film plods along and basically comes to a halt near the end as it runs out of gags to throw at the audience. And by the time the film ends, the viewer is left with a dirty feeling.