The ToyBox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The ToyBox Reviews

½ May 14, 2019
The movie itself wasn't that bad but it was very cheesy. Im giving the creators a benefit of the doubt but it was honestly shitty.
½ May 13, 2019
Wish I could give it minus 10 stars bad plot bad acting waited 90 minutes watching this crap don't waste your time watch something else 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2' 1/2 1/2 1/2'
March 20, 2019
This shi looked fake dam
½ February 10, 2019
Bad bad bad. Don't waste your time... Unless you need a laugh.
February 10, 2019
Utter tripe ; but it wiled away a damp afternoon!
½ February 3, 2019
I can always respect a writer but in writing you have to sell the story. It isn't so much as acting out and becoming but more so just writing a mind bending edge of your seat thriller. Sometimes less is best working up suspense and having insight along with actors and actresses to help you bring a successful movie to motion. The motion picture is a picture that tells a thousand words adding and delivery! Keep pursuing don't let a bump get you; but, learn and grow from this opportunity. I have to say it wasn't a good movie.
½ February 3, 2019
Only thing worse than the acting was the plot and continuity!
January 31, 2019
OMG. One of the worst films I've ever been subjected to. Absolute trash. Not funny, Not scary and terrible acting.
October 13, 2018
I loved this horror movie, great story, the spirit of a dead serial killer haunts his old RV and he lures his victims into the former murder ground of his RV, My only criticism is why the film is unclear what happens to Samantha who is fantastic throughout the film. Very enjoyable and a great horror film
½ October 1, 2018
Watching acting careers die was the scariest part of this movie. It's a fun concept, just horribly produced,
½ September 30, 2018
this "movie" have D list-ers stars, but the acting on it gets a f-. poor Denise Richards is the best of what came from this shit hole
September 28, 2018
Great Movie! Going to be a classic.
½ September 26, 2018
Don't waste your time. Completely inept horror movie with irritating and stupid characters. It doesn't even have a proper ending.
½ September 23, 2018
This movie is bad for RV sales and for Denise Richard's career.
September 20, 2018
Thought it was a fun ride and have not seen a haunted RV before. I was a bit skeptical but it was awesome! This is the best I have seen Mischa Barton since the OC and Denise did a great job! She still looks amazing!
September 20, 2018
Scariest movie ever!!!!!!! Loved it
½ September 19, 2018
Bad acting. Doesn't make sense.
September 19, 2018
I enjoyed this movie. It had some surprises i really enjoyed!
September 18, 2018
The ToyBox was an interesting premise with a somewhat poorly execution. I blame the director and partly the writer for making the well-acted cast act out such an odd execution, which turns the film from interesting with potential to a sham with many tropes. Besides that, the special effects are slightly more good than they are bad, which I think for an indie film is a positive quality. Not only that, but the sound design in the movie is pretty great, really commend whoever was in charge of that. Unfortunately, the best part of the movie was not the horror aspect but the relationship between the sons and the father. It says a lot when the part of the film that felt so out of place and was not integrated well into the film is the best part of it, as well as the shortest.

If you want to watch a good horror film, it's best to put your time and money elsewhere. If you want to watch a good drama, it's also better to put your time and money elsewhere.

I think the director has potential to create something great. Same with the writer. They just need to be more innovative, more grounded, and less tropey with their directing/script, and they'll make a good movie in my opinion. However, with how bland the horror aspect of the film ended up being, I wholeheartedly cannot recommend this film.