The Traveler - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Traveler Reviews

½ September 15, 2017
The Traveler follows the night shift at a police station on Christmas Eve has a stranger enters and confesses to the killings of six people I've seen worse horrors but this is still a pretty bad. It doesn't help that you can tell exactly what will happen from the first 10-15 minutes but even that doesn't excuse how uninteresting the film is. Shutter Island is the perfect example of a film that's very predictable but still gripping. The Traveler is nothing of the sort and just ends up being a tedious slog.

There are some funny moments but these aren't intentional and come about due to either bad effects, bad acting or both. Val Kilmer looks thoroughly bored throughout and has the look of somebody who knows his career has seen much better days.
February 2, 2017
Creepy, unsettling, but not very good along the lines of seriousness. I found myself laughing when something "terrible" happened.
February 22, 2016
Well that is 136 minutes of my life that will never be returned to me. I actually felt really sorry for Val Kilmer as soon as he entered the station for a confession. Very predictable. As soon as he said he committed six murders, I was immediately struck with anxiety knowing I had to watch all six cops somehow die. The worst thing of all, I can't get that damn Hunger Games death whistle from my head.
½ October 17, 2015
Visually captivating but the story derails quickly. Good blood and gore fest thought. This is probably five fat Val Kilmers out of ten.
September 15, 2015
I suppose this proves that an awful film with Val Kilmer is still awful.
August 6, 2014
The Traveler (Michael Oblowitz, 2010)

Not long ago (as I write this, anyway), I did a capsule review of a Glenn Ciano movie called Inkubus, with Robert Englund as the titular creature, who walks into a police station and confesses to a litany of crimes, then basically dares the cops to arrest him. Sound familiar? It probably should if you've seen The Traveler, released the year before, with Val Kilmer in the Robert Englund role. Nothing Satanic about this one, though (spoiler alert! well, kinda, if you didn't pick up on the title), but otherwise there are enough similarities between the two that more than once while I was watching this, which I saw a couple of months after Inkubus, I wondered if Ciano was familiar with Oblowitz' film; I wouldn't go so far as to call Inkubus a Traveler mockbuster, but the line's pretty thin there. The Traveler gets a slightly higher rating because Joseph Muscat, turning in his first feature screenplay, put a bit more thought into the characters; they're Chinet(TM) instead of cardboard, but still. **
½ April 6, 2014
was interesting too start with but gave away the plot midway through and was very predictable till the end.
½ February 23, 2014
The Traveller sees a very different looking Val Kilmer confess to a murder although he doesn't expand on who he has. Then the film takes a change to why he is doing what hens to a bunch of police officers
½ January 29, 2014
tjough it was quite scary... just me ?
½ January 7, 2014
Very poor movie starring Val Kilmer as a mysterious serial killer
December 29, 2013
What a worthless piece of junk. I just watched because I thought with Val Kilmer in it, it couldn't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. Nobody should watch this piece of garbage.
November 10, 2013
it was ok, I wouldn't say its worth watching though. .. the whistle tune got annoying fast, and the deaths weren't that creative, a lot of the scenes were far fetched, and unbelievable even from a supernatural point of view.
October 24, 2013
good wee whistle in it spooky stuff
½ July 1, 2013
WVall Kilmer oyunculu?u d???nda pek bir ?ey yok
½ June 27, 2013
Wasn't expecting much from this really. The story was pretty lame, I didn't realise it would be quite so supernatural which I'm not a fan of. There was a few suspenseful moments and gory deaths and Val Kilmer was great at playing the creepy drifter but it was such a lucklastre plot that had no mystery, no life and the twist was kinda pointless. I'll most probably have forgotten about it by tomorrow.
½ June 21, 2013
Sorry Val, I'm a big fan, but the only thing frightening about The Traveler is that it got made in the first place.
½ June 6, 2013
76%

"I got a funny feeling this guy aint a holiday spirit."-Dep. Jack Hawkens

Cops are sworn to protect society (even the nobodies) and in doing so there a procedure that must be followed. Police brutality infuriates me. When officers start thinking they are above the law, they cross that thin line and become exactly what they are supposed to be fighting against, a criminal. With that said, the ending sucked and the movie was to long.

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone."-Mr. Nobody (Val Kilmer)
May 27, 2013
Put simply: Under no circumstances should you see this film. It's worst offense (besides the off broadway acting and writing) is being excruciatingly boring.
April 24, 2013
quite alright movie.. nice mystical element
April 3, 2013