The Treasure Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Treasure Hunter Reviews

September 4, 2010
pretty god damn awful.
½ July 4, 2010
OMG! Totally disasterous movie. Worst action movie with 2 stone-face and not knowing to act lead actor and actress.

This movie basically is an insulting mock of the "Indiana Jones". One Jay Chou is bad enough and the director have to add Lin ChiLing to makes it double bad.

The plots were senseless and the overly dramatic. The CG is one badly and overly used. Not to mention the editing was bad and choppy.

I seriously couldn't find anything good to say about this movie. Everything in the movie was just too forceful and that includes the scripts.
skactopus
½ June 28, 2010
The Treasure Hunter, an action adventure from Yen-ping Chu, slips down a sand dune and isn't able make it back up.The plot is a bit of a mess. The title is The Treasure Hunter, but for most the part, this picture doesn't feel like going on a treasure hunt because plot holes and subplots get in the way of what should be an entertaining movie. Some of the early scenes take place in the city and this is a breath for fresh air before things move off into the sandy desert.At least this film has got action. The wire-fu martial arts isn't bad, but sensational it is not; yet, it is good enough to watch.Characters come and go with a snap of a finger and the acting doesn't deserve a whole lot of praise. The chemistry between Jay Chou and Chiling Lin is absent. In fact, Chiling Lin, as well as Eric Tsang, are quite annoying. Jay Chou himself is just another face for the ladies to look at. Miao Pu is enjoyable, although her character wanders away with one of the side stories.There isn't much else to say about this film. If intending to view, take caution.
May 10, 2010
Typical treasure hunter's story! Not surprises, copied and dated storyline, CG and special effects were no big deal. Chiling Lin didn't know how to act even she looked okay in the movie. Jay Chou should just stick with music, man.
½ May 7, 2010
The acting is very mediocre, and the plot is so incoherent it's laughable.
½ April 19, 2010
?????誠??????????????就???????
??實說?製????????????????
??麼???麼就??人????????????????覺?
???就???......???
April 10, 2010
speechless. why do they even bother making this film.
April 6, 2010
bad. just a poor movie. bad even if u have time on hand.
March 21, 2010
I feel that Jay Chou is better in sing and should stay that way after watching this film.

Same feeling for Lin Chiling.
March 13, 2010
Didn't even finish the film.
March 9, 2010
Indiana Jones, Muumio ja Tomb Raider kiinalaisittain. Halvalla tehtyjä trikkejä ja hömppäjuoni. Jay Chou söpöilee ja Eric Tsang hauskuuttaa. Ei kovin sivistävää, mutta ihan viihdyttävää.
March 8, 2010
Okay, this movie suck big time. Unless you like Chiling Lin or got nothing better to do then go kill sometime...
March 6, 2010
Half way through the movie I just noticed that Jay Chou was the main character. I really didn't care for his acting in Initial D, but in this movie it was maybe a little better. My roommate was falling asleep to this movie. I didn't care for some of the fight scenes. I'm not big on flying through the air and jumping across the room stuff. I do have to say that there were a couple CGI images that were kind of cool but it wasn't enough to give it more stars. Also, the relationships in the movie didn't make any sense to me, just like Initial D. It just made me wonder why they even had a girl tag along with Jay Chou in the movie. It was a hard struggle just to sit and finish the movie. I kept wondering when it was going to end.
February 28, 2010
A poor rip-off of INDIANA JONES and THE MUMMY, Chu Yen-Ping's THE TREASURE HUNTER is an awfully generic and uninspired action adventure that even a lesser effort like the Jet Li's 1996's DR WAI IN "THE SCRIPTURE WITH WORDS" is far enjoyable than this crappy effort. Despite the involvement of award-winning writer Ivy Ho, the plot is terribly cliched -- lacking sense of awe as well as zero impact on both characters and emotional front. Jay Chou and Lin Chi-Ling are nice to look at, but their lackluster acting skill leaves a sour aftertaste. It doesn't help either their brief romantic moment feels rather forced. The action, in the meantime, is ruined with cheap-looking and exaggerated wirework by veteran Ching Siu-Tung and the anticlimatic ending is especially a letdown. Alongside with THE STORM WARRIORS released in the same month, this is another worst film of the year put to shame.
½ February 18, 2010
If you think this is another Indianna jones or Tomb Raider in Asian Ver. You will be very disappointed. But with a gorgeous movie name (and the fact that recently the Chinese movie industry love using this fancy ancient words), the content does quite live up the name. Adding Eric Tsang in the movie is kind of the reason why the movie is being "low", come on he is a comedian !
People do hold some expectations on Jay Chou's work in the movie since he has done suprising job in his first. But audience is already tired and bored of his action figure image and he didn't explore or show another acting breakout. Snap!
February 17, 2010
Hmm not much of a story and seems to be badly edited, if Jay or Chiling wasn't in the film I doubt anyone would watch it.
½ February 17, 2010
its no Indiana Jones..but Lin Chi Lin was a plus..
½ February 17, 2010
There are glimpses of the Chu Yen Ping of old (the one of Fantasy Mission Force or Golden Queen Commando) but it just ends up being a dull movie for the most part.
February 16, 2010
This review is based on watching this movie for 30 minutes but that was able all that I could take of this movie. The plot is completely non-sensical.
February 15, 2010
Wow, this is so confusing and a badly put together movie that I can't even say enough to dis it.