The Tree of Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tree of Life Reviews

½ July 11, 2016
Lunghissimo ed estremamente noioso. Il suo punto di forza sono le immagini spettacolari del miglior direttore della fotografia vivente ed alcune scelte del regista che rendono il film un' opera unica nel suo genere. Nonostante il messaggio sia chiaro fin dall'inizio, non c'è un vero e proprio coinvolgimento verso lo spettatore, il quale si trova in mezzo a dialoghi surreali ed immagini bellissime che vanno dalla vita di una semplice famiglia fino alla creazione del nostro pianeta. La sceneggiatura è molto lenta e i dialoghi sono statici, dato che per la maggior parte del film i personaggi bisbigliano con tono drammatico. Non è assolutamente un brutto film, ma davvero con queste premesse si poteva fare un opera molto più snella e dare una maggiore profondità ad un messaggio così toccante. Per quanto mi riguarda, quest' opera assomiglia più ad una pubblicità di profumi lunga 2 ore e 20 minuti che ad un vero e proprio film.
July 3, 2016
20 minutes of a family dealing with grief.

120 minutes of shots of leaves and trees and sunlight and waves

2 minutes of dinosaurs
July 3, 2016
I was going to give this movie 4 stars, but then I heard movie theaters put up signs saying they would not give refunds to anyone who watched it. Five stars
½ June 30, 2016
?????? ???????, ????????? ?? ??? ??? ????????? ????????????, ??????? ?????? ?? ?????????? ???-???? ??????? ?????? ????? ????????.
June 24, 2016
Espectacular. Una historia contada sobre todo visualmente. El mejor actor es la belleza (tomas claramente conjuntas de Malick y Lubezki). Sumamente ambiciosa, aunque no me parece que queda debiendo. Entre otras, es un canto a la dignidad y a la libertad.
June 22, 2016
What a load of pretentious crap. With Pitt, Penn and Chastain, I was expecting nearly award winning. Instead what I got was nearly vomit inducing boredom and 20 minute sequences of visual images that have nothing to do with the story nor do they move the movie along. Waste of time.
½ June 16, 2016
long, boring, sad, pointless.
June 15, 2016
The Tree of Life is not only one of the greatest films of all of cinema, but it catapults itself into the stratosphere of the greatest art that Christianity has ever produced.
June 14, 2016
82%
It's hard to grasp the message and proposal of "The Tree of Life," but its acting, story, visual style, and musical score make for an interesting trip.

V: 77%
May 27, 2016
Terence Malick's hugely ambitious film is a visual feast in every sense of the world. Tree of Life's towering imagery and Kubrick-ian scope are instantly evident as to why it had such a long editing process (about three years). As expected from Malick, every shot in the movie rings the senses, whether they involve something as ordinary as 50s family life, or as otherworldly as the creation of time itself. Tree of Life is a movie experience like none other, but it unfortunately is not seamless. Viewers are not likely to fully sympathize with the characters in the movie, due to its fractured narrative. Furthermore, its ending lacks the emotional resonance for this to be considered an utmost classic. So Tree of Life stands as a flawed masterpiece, but undoubtedly a masterpiece as well.
½ May 22, 2016
Terence Malick's existential and experimental drama is truly something special. When I first started watching the film, I was trying to figure out what Malick was aiming to portray due to the film's somewhat convoluted structure, but towards the end, I took in every aspect of the film, the themes of family, of existence, of life in general. Many see this as a hit-and-miss film, but unless you truly focus your attention, you'll miss the point it's trying to make. Is it pretentious? Indeed, but it's equally an amazing picture.

We sit for 2 hours and follow Jack, a young child growing up in a dysfunctional house with Brad Pitt playing (extremely well) his strict and overwhelming father in the 1950s. The story feels inspired by the likes of '2001: A Space Odyssey' and the art-house feel of Von Trier, but despite this, 'The Tree of Life' has its own unique and bold style that works well in creating a haunting and emotional visual treat, accompanied with fantastic performances from Brad Pitt, Sean Penn and Jessica Chastain and stunning cinematography from Emmanuel Lubezki. 'The Tree of Life' is a bold and epic exercise from Malick that acts as a commentary on our society, a truly rewarding view.
May 16, 2016
Personal top 20 favorite movies of all time. The beauty of the film speaks for itself. The cast is remarkable. Seems like this could be anyone's childhood and or father speaking to them.
½ May 12, 2016
This movie aesthetic is amazing, cured in every detail, impeccable direction by an inspired Terrence Malick.
The very slow pace isn't a defect, combined with a great soundtrack.
May 7, 2016
dreamy and challenging, visually stunning, great acting, wonderful soundtrack, Terence Malick on fine form here.
April 22, 2016
Beautiful, beautiful movie. Slow-moving, but it's like living in someone else's life. They become your experiences. Great performances by Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain, and Sean Penn. Wow!
½ April 18, 2016
Buenas imágenes, te hacen reflexionar mucho sobre la vida que has llevado, llevas y llevarás.
½ March 27, 2016
A cinematic mistake and mess in every conceivable way, The Tree of Life is only worth watching for it's stunning visuals. Everything else is incoherent, lacks focus, or just feels overly complicated to point of comedy. I understood what the movie was attempting to say and do - it just didn't understand it itself.
March 22, 2016
Second viewing, still perfect. I want to wrap this film around myself like a blanket and live inside of it forever.
March 21, 2016