The Trial - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Trial Reviews

½ June 28, 2015
A good mystery with a few loose ends. Religious undertone appropriate for the characters was not obnoxious. Good acting.
May 31, 2015
An okay murder mystery courtroom drama. Suitable for family viewing (grade school and above). The original date/rape murder is not shown. They give away some of the suspense (the real villain) a bit too early, but they save some surprises for the end. Decent actors.
May 13, 2012
I thought it was good, and good to see Robert Forester again.
February 22, 2012
I thought it was good, and good to see Robert Forester again.
½ January 8, 2012
Bom filme de Tribunal. Um enredo bem amarrado, mesmo assim é bem previsível.
½ October 24, 2011
Ok made for tv style movie. I wish that Matthew Modine's career had gone better than this. Seems to me that when they "find" God, they find no memorable acting parts to go along with it. Such a shame..
July 1, 2011
excellent movie kept me guessing I thought the guy was doomed and was gonna get fryed.. Boy was i suprised
on the totally seat jumping twist i was in for.
½ June 26, 2011
This movie was so bad. It was very boring and very poorly executed. Honestly, it's much worse than even Law and Order on television. Breathing for 101 minutes would have been a better use of your time.
June 19, 2011
"The Trial" could have been SO much better. No character exploration, spotty direction. It was obviously such a painful effort to keep this a PG-13 movie. Just a very dull flick with little suspense. If you sleep through the middle after seeing the beginning and the ending you haven't really missed much. The kid accused of murder isn't guilty and that's exactly what you knew at the beginning. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep through it.
½ April 21, 2011
One man overcoming his personal struggles to help out a friend. The case he is assigned to seems impossible to win..but he had faith in the man and it results in a deeper look inside himself. Modine and Forster are good. Wayne has a smaller role than in To Save a Live, but he is still strong.
½ April 3, 2011
I am always looking for good films to watch, last night,after the ICC World Cup 2011, I sat down and watched THE TRIAL. It was refreshing to see a movie that had a simple message and for once not have that message rammed down our throats. And felt that, some of the elements from the film really helped. I loved the cast, story . Nice movie !!
February 25, 2011
Wooden acting, awful script, awful direction, awful editing. Just awful.
January 28, 2011
This film was weak. There wasn't any suspense to the film at all. The acting to me wasn't even good.
January 20, 2011
Simpler than director/producer Gary Wheeler's earlier film THE LIST, but more assuredly told with solid performances all around. Fun to see the work of old friends here both in front of and behind the camera. A story of a trial that changes the lawyer as much as the defendant.
January 17, 2011
Good film about redemption and new beginnings! Matthew Modine stars as "Mac" McClain, an emotionally crippled attorney who's lost his faith in God and himself. That's when Mac reluctantly decides to take on one last case: a young man played by Randy Wayne, facing the death penalty for first-degree murder.But nothing can prepare Mac for the startling twists and turns of the ensuing trial, as the determined lawyer fights for justice and seeks a path to his own redemption. Recommended!
January 7, 2011
Not of it all if it made sense but thats typical for a law movie. But it kept you entertained and was a LOT better than the legal garbage on TV.
½ December 28, 2010
YOU SHOULD BUY THIS MOVIE! But only because they filmed it in Charlotte, NC and we need support for the local film scene. It's honestly not any better than an average Matlock or Perry Mason TV episode. It's a feel good 'Hallmark'-style courtroom drama with some charming moments. Honestly, after ready the screenplay first, I'm pretty disappointed about the decision of the director to simplify a lot of the fight/chase scenes. It just wasn't that special of a movie without them. I listened to the director's commentary afterward and it seemed like if the actors wanted to change the action in some seens and he let them do what they wanted to do. You need to control it better if you're the director. IMO. This could have been a lot better AND a lot worse.
December 21, 2010
Shitstorm of a shit movie. I fell asleep (literally) after thirty minutes, but woke back up to see the shitty ending.
December 20, 2010
B-acting, slow, not believeable
½ December 17, 2010
Tribunal básico, bem previsível... Depende mais do seu humor no dia. hoje vale 2,5. Na T.P.M., de repente... rsrsrs