The Trip Reviews

• Feb 21, 2016

This film is an under appreciated gem in gay film. Larry Sullivan's performance is outstanding-refreshingly real, genuine, and deftly executed. While I could have dealt without the film's ultimate acquiescence into the realm of predictable gay cinema laden with the nameless disease trope toward the film's end, it was not done so distastefully, nor was it so severe, to discredit what was otherwise, a truly remarkable film. As an additional note: if there was ever a case of an epic film being so grossly misrepresented (misunderstood & overlooked) by such an ill-fitting, inappropriately chosen cover art more than The Trip, I haven't seen it. Watch it!

• Jan 18, 2016

It's so bad that by the time it ends you can't help it but feel relieved.The second half of the movie was utterly predictable.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Aug 31, 2015

After 2 decades of courting and drama, a young couple goes to Mexico searching for a cure for HIV. Campy as hell and filled with progressive propaganda, the Trip felt short on a good premise.

• Jan 05, 2015

Good-hearted, super-cheese.

Good-hearted, super-cheese.

• Apr 01, 2013

Fan fav. My new favorite inspirational love story.

Fan fav. My new favorite inspirational love story.

• Dec 26, 2012

I wasn't sure about this movie during the beginning but it turned out to be a really good love story.

• Jul 03, 2012

Yet another fun Gay movie!!!!

Yet another fun Gay movie!!!!

• Mar 16, 2012

Very stagey style of film - felt like I was watching a play or a 1980s gay film. Very predictable. However I enjoyed it and found it touching

• Mar 14, 2012

The relationship between the two guys is so touching that the ending is heart-wrenching. The main character's bf looks like a young Brad Pitt, but they are both so cute. Really well acted with a different storyline. It's a really good movie.

• Nov 22, 2011

Bit of a snooze feat this one and the two leads with their dodgy hairstyles /wigs are as a hot as yesterday's mashed potatoes.