The Triumph of Love Reviews

• Jan 22, 2012

Terrifically charming and capturing both the lightness and the composure of 18th-century French art. I'll admit that any film that uses Rameau's music so prominently gets points from me. Also, if I ever win the lottery, I will tear down every other house on the block and build Ben Kingsley's philosophic retreat where I will wear his Turkish costume. (Tthose critics who found it artificial seem to have totally missed the point.)

• Jan 13, 2012

Rather silly plot, childish drama

Rather silly plot, childish drama

• Nov 18, 2011

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Not really what I was expecting. A strong cast and eclectic direction really made the film really work for me.

• Oct 02, 2010

Triumph of stupidity! Maybe 300 years ago this would have been entertaining when it was first staged ..but not now!

• Oct 27, 2009

well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that ben kingsley, fiona shaw, ignazio oliva, jay rodan, luis molteni, mira sorvino, rachael stirling play good roles/parts thorughout this movie....i think that the director of this romance/comedy/drama movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie....i think that this is a great movie 2 watch its a really enjoyable comedy/romance movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie

• Jul 14, 2009

This is simply a later reworking of Shakespearian romantic comedies and the film adaptation also represents this style. It is however very dull, devoid of pace or zest.

• Feb 01, 2009

Mira sorvino was splendid in this film.. It was so fine to watch her, especially in her scenes with Fiona Shaw =))

• Nov 10, 2008

OMG... i love this movie.. it took me forever to find it but when i did i watch it all the time

• Nov 01, 2008

I'm sure it made a great stage play, but I found this overacted and tedious. Too many longing glances. Costumes are pretty, settings are great, actors are all glamorous. The philosopher and his sister needed to be more ridiculous in following with the original play.

• Aug 06, 2008

It suffers from plot overcomplication after a while, but oh how I love Fiona Shaw. And Mira Sorvino, too.