The Trouble with Girls (1969)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Trouble with Girls Videos

The Trouble with Girls Photos

Movie Info

Elvis Presley stars as the manager of a traveling show in the late '20s who visits a small community in Iowa and finds he has a few problems to resolve.
Classics , Comedy , Documentary , Drama , Musical & Performing Arts , Romance

Duke Snider
as Cranker
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Trouble with Girls

There are no critic reviews yet for The Trouble with Girls. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for The Trouble with Girls

Definitely one of the weirder Elvis movies- he's only in it for about 30 minutes. But then again, so is everybody else; its an ensemble cast of equally boring parts. The concept wasn't terrible, the movie is essentially about corruption, from nepotism to murder, all on the backdrop of an idealogical religious and educational experience. (I'm honestly not sure if I should read into that either.) Bonus points for Elvis' perfect sideburns and fly suits. Also great music choices for him.

Jenna Ipcar
Jenna Ipcar

Changing is the only thing certain besides death. An energetic and charismatic traveling troop manager in small town America is struggling to make enough money to keep things going. He wants to work with a small town mayor's daughter to drive customers through his show. He begins performing himself hoping to bring town's people in to make some dough. Will his charm and the affection drawn from the local females be enough to save the traveling performers? "The only reason I read the funnies is because I am funny." Peter Tewksbury, director of Father Knows Best, My Three Sons, Sunday in New York, Two's Company, Emil and the Detectives, and Shepherd's Flock, delivers The Trouble with Girls. The storyline for this picture is not good and not overly compelling or interesting. The settings are fairly nice but the musical numbers were not needed. The acting was just okay and the cast includes Elvis Presley, Vincent Price, Marlyn Mason, and John Carradine. "There are different types of killers?" While DVR'ing Vincent price pictures I somehow came across this picture. I was surprised to find Price in a Presley movie. Unfortunately, this film was pretty terrible. The plot was boring, the obstacle trying to be overcome was un-dramatic, and the conclusion was a bit cheesy. Overall, I recommend skipping this picture. "You can't marry your mother. Your mother is much too small." Grade: D+

Kevin Robbins
Kevin Robbins

For an Elvis movie his presence here is strictly secondary and he is sidelined throughout. Seems like it wanted to be more than it was, which is a run of the mill mystery with a few songs thrown in. Of more interest as a chance to spot the familiar face in small parts than anything else. Hey look there's Vincent Price and Buffy from Family Affair and Cindy Brady and WOW look how young Dabney Coleman is! At least the film is loaded with reliable performers, Sheree North, Edward Andrews, Marlyn Mason, John Carradine etc. they just aren't given much to work with. Not a ghastly film just very ordinary.

jay nixon
jay nixon

The Trouble with Girls Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Trouble with Girls on our Movie forum!

News & Features