Reviews

• Jul 18, 2015

Definitely one of the weirder Elvis movies- he's only in it for about 30 minutes. But then again, so is everybody else; its an ensemble cast of equally boring parts. The concept wasn't terrible, the movie is essentially about corruption, from nepotism to murder, all on the backdrop of an idealogical religious and educational experience. (I'm honestly not sure if I should read into that either.) Bonus points for Elvis' perfect sideburns and fly suits. Also great music choices for him.

• May 10, 2014

Bin voyons, je comprend que dans le temps les technologies n'étaient pas la, mais les bonnes idées de scénario, ça aurait pu être possible, non ? Bref, insupportable, surtout le monologue de la nageuse pas rapport avw son bec d'oiseau...

• Nov 16, 2013

Changing is the only thing certain besides death. An energetic and charismatic traveling troop manager in small town America is struggling to make enough money to keep things going. He wants to work with a small town mayor's daughter to drive customers through his show. He begins performing himself hoping to bring town's people in to make some dough. Will his charm and the affection drawn from the local females be enough to save the traveling performers? "The only reason I read the funnies is because I am funny." Peter Tewksbury, director of Father Knows Best, My Three Sons, Sunday in New York, Two's Company, Emil and the Detectives, and Shepherd's Flock, delivers The Trouble with Girls. The storyline for this picture is not good and not overly compelling or interesting. The settings are fairly nice but the musical numbers were not needed. The acting was just okay and the cast includes Elvis Presley, Vincent Price, Marlyn Mason, and John Carradine. "There are different types of killers?" While DVR'ing Vincent price pictures I somehow came across this picture. I was surprised to find Price in a Presley movie. Unfortunately, this film was pretty terrible. The plot was boring, the obstacle trying to be overcome was un-dramatic, and the conclusion was a bit cheesy. Overall, I recommend skipping this picture. "You can't marry your mother. Your mother is much too small." Grade: D+

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jun 14, 2013

For an Elvis movie his presence here is strictly secondary and he is sidelined throughout. Seems like it wanted to be more than it was, which is a run of the mill mystery with a few songs thrown in. Of more interest as a chance to spot the familiar face in small parts than anything else. Hey look there's Vincent Price and Buffy from Family Affair and Cindy Brady and WOW look how young Dabney Coleman is! At least the film is loaded with reliable performers, Sheree North, Edward Andrews, Marlyn Mason, John Carradine etc. they just aren't given much to work with. Not a ghastly film just very ordinary.

• May 29, 2011

nu sa prea vazut elvis in filmu asta

nu sa prea vazut elvis in filmu asta

• Nov 23, 2010

What the hell is this movie about? Chautauqua? So Elvis runs a traveling tent show (not a circus or carnival- there are no animals). We meet 207 characters before we get to the main plot driver. A murder. But that doesn't come in until at least the half. It's not a big musical piece, so there's only a few songs. There's a burgeoning romance, but the Marilyn Mason is considerably annoying as a union organizer who spends her entire screen time badgering. From all of the sloppiness of this move, it has enough distractions to make it better than other Elvis movies with more linear storylines. So, hey- it's not the worst. Congratulations.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

A typical Elvis movie plot and story, it's a pretty average movie, and not all that exciting. I don't know why Vincent Price had a small role i this movie, but he does, it's not a great role, he's just kinda there. Anyway, it's an okay movie.

• Jun 04, 2009

Vincent Price is in it! Pretty funny storyline and it's good to see that he doesn't have to break out into song randomly to sing all the time. They do have some interesting POV shots in the movie, and I like that they actually were POV shots, but in one scene (you will know it when you see it) they get a little excessive.

• Feb 28, 2009

Generally, I like Elvis Presley movies, even though [i]some[/i] of them can be somewhat low-budget and quirky. But "The Trouble With Girls" is especially odd and low budget. By way of example: The cinematography style of moving the camera around in a herky-jerky manner (as though the camera was one of the characters) in the numerous POV (point of view) shots is troubling and distracting. When this reviewer went to film school one of the basic tenets of cinematography was if the shot brings attention to itself then it is not moving the story forward and could be interpreted as the director of photography 'grand standing' by the audience. The plot line of "The Trouble With Girls" is reasonable but the director seems to be unsure in which way the story should be told.

• Aug 10, 2008