The Truth About Lies Reviews

• Sep 07, 2018

So terrible that sleeping on an uncomfortable chair was the better option.

So terrible that sleeping on an uncomfortable chair was the better option.

• Apr 23, 2018

Apparently, fake audience reviews abound. Skip this turkey. Awful viewing experience.

• Nov 17, 2017

I don't often find a romantic comedy that I instantly love right after viewing it, but there's just something about The Truth About Lies that has me smitten. The cast has amazing chemistry, and their hilarious witty banter had me laughing the whole time. This charming film has you interested in more than just romance; it makes you feel for the characters and how they deal with different relationships from family to friendship. Anyone who loves a great film, or just rom-coms in general needs to see this. From the incredible writing to the talented cast, this film is just a joy to watch.

• Nov 16, 2017

Most romantic comedies focus on female leads and how their life falls apart after a breakup and their journey back into the dating world. The film was refreshing to see a male lead go through these challenges and that love wasn't his end goal, but finding himself was. It makes you reflect on the saying "you don't know what you have until it's gone". This is a great film to cuddle up with friends who need a boost from a break-up or who are having a hard time in life with their career because it touches on those elements lightly and comedically. Loved it!

• Nov 06, 2017

The film The Truth About Lies left me smiling from ear to ear. The romance between the two leads was so much fun to watch play out from beginning to end and all of the side characters in the film were just as enjoyable to watch. Mary Elizabeth Ellis was a scene stealer throughout the film and had some of the most memorable lines. This movie is great for anyone looking for a feel-good movie.

• Oct 30, 2017

I enjoyed every minute of this intelligent and compelling movie. Not only is "The Truth About Lies" hilarious, it is also an insightful commentary on human nature and relationships. The movie explores relationships between romantic partners, friends, siblings, exes, and parents/children. We relate to the flawed characters because we understand their emotional struggles and their yearning for fulfillment in life. The main character, Gilby Smalls, played by the brilliant Fran Kranz, tells a white lie to impress a woman. One lie leads to another, and he ends up tangled in a web of deceit that leads to a fast-paced, uproarious, fun ride for the audience. He finds himself in absurd situations again and again. Even though Smalls is not your typical protagonist - he is an habitual liar, after all - Kranz's spot-on portrayal is so endearing and entertaining, you can't help but root for him! The truth comes out in a superbly orchestrated finale that will leave you wanting more.

• Oct 29, 2017

I was lucky enough to go to the premiere last night and was completely blown away at the levels and depth, it's a comedy for goodness sakes ha. Which goes to show when you have a group of talented actors against a well written script plus great improvised moments, a win win situation!! There was a talk back after the screening and the Director, Phil Allocco went into detail about some of the moments the actors just improvised some of the scenes. A lie goes a long way here for a laugh, do yourself a favor and go watch!

• Oct 26, 2017

As a huge fan of the romantic comedy, I could not be happier to have seen The Truth About Lies! The Truth About Lies was absolutely hilarious and featured a great cast. The film followed Gilby (Fran Kranz), and the ever-growing web of lies he weaved in order to impress Rachel (Odette Annable), the woman of his dreams. Gilby and Rachel were both two hilarious and quirky characters, and the two of them together created non-stop laughter. It's no wonder Fran Kranz has already won several Best Actor awards for his portrayal of Gilby. I loved the film and would recommend for everyone regardless of rom-com fan or not!

• Oct 25, 2017

This movie has everything a good romantic comedy should have. It has the romance and comedy, but in the areas where other romantic comedies fall flat, The Truth About Lies shines. The story was incredibly well written, and the acting was marvelous. The witty banter between the two love interests was charming and hilarious, along with the sarcastic, dry humor. It's a smart movie and definitely worth the watch.

• Jun 24, 2016

If the object of your film-going experience is to just laugh at the foibles of shallow, flawed people inhabiting an extended sitcom episode, I'd be a liar if I didn't state that The Truth About Lies has enough amusing moments to likely appease most who choose not to look deeper than that.