The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Reviews

September 11, 2016
Good movie but not as good as the book.
September 6, 2016
Not seeing the last ?Twilight?, is like not seeing the last ?Harry Potter?. No matter how boring the first part was, you gotta give the second part a fighting chance. Let's just hope that it doesn't blows, which I doubt very seriously because part one was great just didn't like the fact that they end the movie RIGHT AT THE GOOD PART! UGH!!!! That's sooooo frustrating.
September 6, 2016
My favourite of all of them. Full of action. Brilliant film.
August 9, 2016
It is surprising that this final chapter has something to say after so many movies about nothing. Things do happen for a change and the climax is urgent and exciting - until we are hit by a ridiculous twist that makes it collapse entirely to the ground. At least it is finally over.
July 21, 2016
The only reason the movie is better than the book is for one reason. Even though it was a fake-out, at least they gave us an action scene instead of them showing up, they say two lines, and just leave!
July 18, 2016
By far the best in the series, I was never keen on watching these but eventually I did and even though I thought the others were average they never made me look forward to watching anymore and now the series is over i'm wanting more, The fight scene at the end was by far the best plus it's never as soppy or has any cheesy one liners what make you cringe, Don't understand why they had a child with a CGI face for the first half of the film, The ending will be a kick in the teeth to some but I really enjoyed it and I thought i'd be the last person to ever say that.
July 6, 2016
I just need the closure.
This god awful excuse for literature is finally over
June 25, 2016
Bella and Edward now fighting for their family, fighting for everything they could ever want.
½ June 8, 2016
Breaking Dawn is a huge step up from Part 1, but that doesn't mean anything because Part 1 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. This movie had it's moments, but it isn't enough to make this a series worth watching again, the characters are still boring, the writing is still bad, and the CGI is still awful. The Twilight Saga is a bad and forgetful series that will not be remembered or watched in the far future.
June 1, 2016
Finished forever! You think?

Unless you've been living under a pop-culture rock for five years, it will come as no surprise that the final chapter release of Stephanie Myers uber-blockbusting Twilight franchise, Breaking Dawn Part 2 has secured 8th place highest grossing first weekend film of all time. But my question to all the twi-hard's out there; was it worth the split feature wait and the double admission price?

With the taboo love triangle between human, vampire and werewolf finally laid to rest, you would think the meaningful weary glances and uncomfortable stares would become a foggy human memory, but alas with the films focus on the precarious fate of half-blood abomination and the world's press focus on the off-screen romantic hiatus of the lead cast members, its business as usual for amateur dramatics.

Just in case the franchises garrulous five year advertising campaign has escaped your attention, here is the basic jist. Human Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Vampire Edward (Robert Pattinson) fall into forbidden love. A series of misunderstandings and miscommunications cause hiatus for three movies, but in the fourth the duo marry and all seems well, until the impossible happens and Bella painfully produces a progeny.
BD2 starts immediately after part 1; red-eyed new born vampire Bella must learn to control her thirst before meeting her bizarrely named and graphically questionable child Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy).

After accepting a bonding development between her daughter and ex-object of romantic contention, Jacob (Taylor Lautner) the family settles down into bliss with only the concerns of Renesmee's speedy growth to disturb their reverie.

When an unexpected visitor, cousin Irina (Maggie Grace) witnesses the child and jumps to the wrong conclusion, she inadvertently gives justifiable reason the self-proclaimed arbiters of all things undead to finally attack the family and acquire some coveted new recruits.
Facing irradiation, the Cullen clan recruits a motley band of relatives, friends and frenemies to attest that Renesmee is not a dreaded immortal child. But the menacing threat of the Volturi spurs the group to stand and protect, but if it comes to battle, who will survive?

With all twi-hard necessities present and accounted for (fervent yet chaste sex scene, a bare-chested Lautner, a sappy meadow make-out, and vamped-up vampire action), BD2 moves past its usual clichés to rediscover a lost element, humor. All bad graphics and questionable acting jokes aside, the wonderfully awkward moments, quirky one liners and intriguing (if not fully explored) introductory characters make this hands down the best and most natural chapter.

The Verdict: With a renewed sense of drama, BD2 culminates the series with a shocking final blow. A bittersweet farewell, this reviewer is not convinced producers and fans alike will let it be without exploring fringe character arcs further. My prediction, watch this space.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 23/11/2012
May 27, 2016
Has a nice twist at the end, the ending itself is good,(do keep in mind, some people may find it disappointing, I found it a tad bit disappointing as well) and the last chapter (Breaking Dawn Part 2) in the many twilight movies, sends off the franchise (finally) in a good way.
April 11, 2016
the trailer looks good but I would like to see the full movie and its not on any movie sites not even Netflix !! I would like to see the the full movie sorry but it's only a star rating of 2 ...
April 3, 2016
I loved this film and all the rest of the twilight saga films was really good
½ April 2, 2016
i can't wait for part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ March 31, 2016
Okay I'm not going to review this movie by the ending like everyone else is. Think about the story line that was actually good.
"Thrilling
March 23, 2016
*--best part of twilight.. this is certain.. yet not good enough
March 20, 2016
loved it even tho it strayed from the book
March 10, 2016
Sloppy teen-romance, disgrace to the horror of vampires, dumb moments, poor acting, terrible dialog, too many pauses, yaddayadda. This one has the most unintentional hilarious moments. It continues to make no sense, and is long overdrawn, but it's ends the franchise. Go back to real vampires.
February 11, 2016
This is probably the only film in the entire franchise where the filmmakers tried to make the action look exciting. Nevertheless, the dull characters remain dull and the wooden acting remains wooden.