The Unforeseen Reviews

• Nov 06, 2013

Important but slow-moving.

Important but slow-moving.

• Oct 05, 2012

It craves for all kinds of persuasion to appeal to the audience, but loses many of its logic and factual evidence underneath the pile of credible men, cinematography, and sentimental music

• Aug 28, 2011

In saying goodbye to Netflix disks, we chose an indie documentary set in Austin (how have I never heard of this movie before?) 20 minutes into I looked at Caleb and said I thought this was an environmental doc not a financial one, well it ended up being both. Really good thoughts (though the environmentalists were a little cocky at time) and now I know more about what the occasional Save Our Springs bumper sticker really means. I also learned the interesting fact that Robert Redford learned to swim in Barton Springs. The kid in Hutto was so cute and his innocence shined the truth behind the problem of urban sprawl. (we live in a subdivision that once was a farm but I justify it because Caleb walks to work!) One down part was there was no real call to action-what is their suggestion of where to live or how to interact with our natural surrounding. Everybody in Austin should watch this.

• Mar 19, 2011

Good documentary about land development in Austin.

Good documentary about land development in Austin.

• Feb 28, 2011

A beautiful combination of a plethora of stock footage, interviews, graphics, photography, and natural scenery time lapses form this documentary on the history of development in Austin. The metaphors woven together by well timed music, voice over, and images helps drive in the tone of the message about the impact development has on the environment. People from all walks of life and perspectives are represented in such a way that they become both informative and emotionally moving. This is a wonderful documentary for any Austinite and makes them muse over the multifaceted dilemma that is developers versus the environment.

• Nov 25, 2009

Such a great story about housing.

Such a great story about housing.

• Nov 14, 2009

This was really quite boring unless you lived in Austin, TX over the past 25 years. I was not impressed witht the flow & could have been shortened a good 20 minutes by taking out all the non-relevant footage with music. I was a little thrown by the Christian song to end it as well, didn't think it fit at all.

• Nov 10, 2009

"Damned. Damned. Damned."

"Damned. Damned. Damned."

• Aug 25, 2009

An ok documentary that does just an ok job talking about environmental problems. I have watched a couple of these lately, an so far The Unforeseen is by far the weakest one, and aside from having Robert Redfords name attached to it, overall it is is pretty underwhealming, plus some texans seem incredibly stupid.

• Aug 03, 2009

Lessons Learned: Austin was way cooler in the 70's and Robert Redford wants to be labeled an "environmentalist" and not an "actor" or "entertainer."