The Vagina Monologues - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Vagina Monologues Reviews

May 21, 2012
ahahah i love the part about the hair down there ;D .. cool and educating film ;D
July 5, 2011
I appreciate the idea behind this, but I couldn't watch it all the way through. Ensler's voice was grating on my nerves and 'Reclaiming Cunt' was the end of my tolerance.
March 20, 2011
The Penis Conversation?
December 22, 2010
It was really good, made me laugh, made me cry.. But it was really short. I'll be reading the books in no time. She is good!..
November 10, 2010
[color=pink]A must see for every woman. Great stories about women and things we go thru. HILARIOUS parts! See it live or see it on video. Either way, SEE IT![/color]
½ November 10, 2010
[b]VHS[/b] First Viewing, 1 Ensler film seen

[i]The Vagina Monologues[/i] is a pretty good documentary. Instead of just focusing on Eve Ensler's performances from her 1996 off-off-broadway production, she also shows short clips of the actual interviews she used to write the monologues. This similar approach works extremely well with concert documentaries and standup routines, and I really appreciated it with [i]The Vagina Monologues[/i].
November 10, 2010
This was an amazing movie! I loved going to see the Vagina Monologues live a few months back but no one does it quite like Eve. I highly recommend either going to a show, watching the movie or reading the book!! All three are absolutely wonderful.
October 25, 2010
Lots of heart but awful made-for-HBO staging. Probably way better onstage than cable.
½ May 6, 2010
This was pretty awesome. I don't know what took me so long to see it. Ensler has created something here that should be essential viewing for women... if you are one and haven't seen it, you need to take the time.
April 11, 2010
Sorry Ensler, your attempts of reclaiming the word C*NT simply didn't resonate with me. Some parts were entertaining and touching, unfortunately were few and far in between.
April 9, 2010
Male or female, if you don't learn a ton from this film then you must have died a long time ago.
½ April 8, 2010
Humourous, joyous, at times serious. Would have wanted to see the original play back in the days.
April 6, 2010
Uncomfortably entertaining. I actually liked the interviews way more than the actual monologues.
February 15, 2010
only cuz of the title. lol
½ January 10, 2010
Vaginas have super powers
½ October 28, 2009
Standup comedy resp. prejav "poviedok" Eve Ensler. Celkom som sa bavil, niektore veci boli aj smutne a dojemne. Rad som si to pozrel. Chcel by som vediet co na to hovoria zeny :)
June 23, 2009
I saw the live performance in New York, it was really good
May 19, 2009
really? women really like this? it has chapters entitled "if your vagina got dressed what would it wear?" a "Vagina-friendly map" and a section where she just screams "cunt" repeatedly. i think she has great intentions but wtf? apparently i just don't get it