The Victim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Victim Reviews

½ October 22, 2015
Decent thriller, but nothing noteworthy. The ending monologue was pretty cool, but that main girl was horrendous!
½ February 23, 2015
Definitely not Grind House like it's say it is, The Victim still has something special to it.
½ December 31, 2014
Low-budget, but a pretty good all-round job from Michael Biehn.
May 1, 2014
Why this movie hard to watch? well one of the reasons is that because it looks like 2 very young women having sex with old men, I don't know about you but that shit ain't right.
March 13, 2014
This movie is just plain fun. maybe even a filthy indulgance. if your looking for anything more than to be entertained, then look elsewhere. this is a roller-coaster. enjoy the ride
½ November 5, 2013
You can count on Biehn to give an enjoyably gruff performance but as a first time director he needs some work. Simply labeling a film as being in the vein of grindhouse cinema doesn't automatically make it so. Languid pacing and little excitement. I wanted to completely write this off until the closing credits really hammered in how much Biehn cared about this project.
½ September 5, 2013
A simple story with a good twist at the end. Not the greatest acting, but Danielle Harris was amazing as always.
August 7, 2013
The Victim - A Nice Piece of Grindhouse Cinema in a world of Remakes and sequels--Old School Thrills!!
July 18, 2013
directed by Michael biehn this is a pretty forgettable grind house type movie where he stars as an outcast forced to help a scared woman( played by his wife) escape 2 cops. the twist you will see from a mile off I don't even think there hiding it to be honest. it's just a shame it doesn't lead to anything. the film could have done with prob another 10minutes to finish that story arc. his wife is a terrible actress no wonder we've never seen her in anything else,that can be the only way she got cast instead of Danielle Harris a proper actress in the lead.(and her willingness to get her boobs out I guess as well).
½ May 29, 2013
Could be the worse film you could ever watch!
April 16, 2013
Thought this was so so, nothing too great though.
½ February 27, 2013
couldnt even finish it. complete garbage. it's just bad acting and softcore rape scenes. ridiculous.
February 5, 2013
Michael Biehn's writing/directorial debut is a total dud. Very loose concept, poor acting, sequences that drag way too long and pointless flashback scenes. Michael Biehn is one of my favorite actors has built a great reputation. Best known as Kyle Reese in The Terminator, not to mention as Corp. Dwayne Hicks in Aliens and Hiram Coffey in The Abyss, Reese's performance is shockingly deadpan with very little to no emotion. A man of his talents should not be this bad. The supporting cast wasn't great either. Jennifer Blanc (Biehn's wife in real life) plays a stripper trying to hide from some corrupt cops that kill her friend. Her performance is just as bad with the exception of a sex scene between her a Biehn. Hmmm go figure right? There is a moment in the movie where the attitude of the two main characters goes completely 180 which didn't make sense to me at all. I surely hope the next time Michael Biehn does another film, it is a lot more innovative with better actors and a well drawn plot. I truly was a victim in watching this very crummy film.
½ January 31, 2013
Annie lands on Kyle's front porch deep within the woods after being chased by two murderous cops, but as each of their stories begin to change, it will be left up to Kyle to determine the real victim... Genre favorite Michael Biehn stars as our crowbar-wielding hero in THE VICTIM, his second outing as both writer and director. Unfortunately, the audience is the one true victim in all of this. THE VICTIM is a mess from the very beginning. The poorly scripted characters and dialog are far from believable, faults that become that much more apparent throughout the grossly overacted performances. When the awkward sex scenes and confusing flashbacks are also taken in to account, it becomes increasingly difficult to remain involved in the plot. The end credits only seem to confirm the cast and crew's half-serious tone, but this isn't clear at any other point in the film. While Biehn and Blanc show a definite appreciation for the genre, this creative team will require much more outside experience to shore up many of the flaws in production.
January 24, 2013
I got 45 mins into this and had to stop watching. The writing was terrible and the only good actress was Danielle Harris. The attempts of having suspense were completely failed and it seemed like the writers put in a sex scene at every chance they got. Don't waste your time with this.
January 14, 2013
Not bad but not great , ok to kill an hour and a half.
December 29, 2012
So horrible. Made it through 10 mins. Couldn't withstand the poor filmmaking any longer.
November 27, 2012
Good movie, but very dissappointed that Danielle Harris put herself out like that.
November 23, 2012
The film was all over the place. I felt like Biehn was making things up as it went along.