The V.I.P.s - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The V.I.P.s Reviews

February 18, 2012
This movie has such a stacked cast its a little mind boggling. As with most movies that have such a star-studded cast I can't say it was wonderful, but it is better than most I've seen. Burton, Taylor, Rutherford, Smith, Welles, and R. Taylor keep it interesting and moving forward despite the VIPs all being stuck in the same airport the whole movie. Check it out.
August 16, 2011
Finally got around to checking this one out. Pretty good movie, another one of those films from around that time that were filled with a bunch of actors who are in one setting and have their stories bump into each other (a la Ship of Fools, Airport, etc). Some of the stories are dull or just filler space and others weren't too bad. I think Richard Burton, Maggie Smith, and Margaret Rutherford were best in show. Rutherford in particular was hilarious, too bad she didn't have more screentime, it seemed like every line spoke was sweet and hilarious (of course, there was always that little tune that popped up every time she was on screen). It's overlong but not too bad, I loved the final scenes with Maggie Smith. Oh, and having seen Rutherford's Oscar winning performance I have now seen all of the Best Supporting Actress winners.
½ February 11, 2011
It seems like a simple plot but in fact it is very entertaning. Especially with Taylor performance. Even though it takes place at airport it is still very interesting story.
October 1, 2010
This big, glossy turd of a movie is saved only by Elizabeth Taylor's beautiful orbs (and I don't mean her eyes) and the always wonderful Maggie Smith.
August 26, 2010
Grand soap opera set in a fogged-in London airport with an all-star cast. Entertaining on all levels!
June 6, 2010
It's jet-set entertainment for celebrity watchers. The shallow script is somewhat offset by the performances, esp. the comic relief provided by Margaret Rutherford.
March 15, 2010
0 % Critics liked it
½ March 12, 2010
Jet-setters Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton arrive by helicopter and then Bentley to Heathrow, which is then fogged in and... the whole movie -- called "The VIP's" (!) is going to be set at Heathrow?? You have got to be kidding me
March 1, 2010
Oscar win best supporting actress Margaret Rutherford
½ February 16, 2010
Zero stars - pity they don't have a negative rating on this - how can you get shockingly bad performances from Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor Oron Welles and the Miss Marple woman, Rod Taylor, Maggie Smith and Louis Jordan do their best with the one dimensional card board cut out roles they are given - probably by ignoring the director - I ended up watching this to the end just to see how much worse it could get - proof that starrs do not make a good film
November 10, 2009
Huge cast, not really used all that well. Interesting story behind the film though. I really liked Maggie Smith's role; Orson is used for the comedic element.
November 8, 2009
Fantastic movie with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Fantastic cast!!! Great movie set in an airport stranded by fog. Worth watching!!!
September 20, 2009
Nice combination of stories with a bit of comic relief from the scenes with the sarcastic Orson Welles and the pill-swallowing Margaret Rutherford. The story of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton was the most interesting one to follow and I thought Louis Jourdan did an excellent job. But it's certainly a strange lesson we get with the ending: threatening to kill yourself is an accepted way to get your loved one back, didn't really like that.
August 22, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
½ April 24, 2009
A very great cast and a well-written story, not boring at all, as that was what i expected. Great performances by the cast and an extremely good performance by Richard Burton. But i cant seem to figure out why Margaret Rutherford won an oscar for best actress in a spporting role, not that she was bad but you barely see her in the movie. Richard Burton definitly was the star of the movie with one of the better performances ive seen.
March 4, 2009
A great cast. Just okay movie.
August 18, 2008
Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Maggie Smith, Orson Welles, Margaret Rutherford, Louis Jourdan, Linda Christian!!! It's a star bonanza! Fab mid-century modern interiors. Fab Givenchy couture! Fab jewels! Glamour. Excitement. Drama. They all act as if they're doing Shakespeare!