The Vow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Vow Reviews

December 4, 2015
71%
Saw this on 31/3/15
The vow starts off well, but it becomes shallow and ordinary in it's last 20-30 minutes. However it's watchable due to the earnest efforts of Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams.
November 29, 2015
The Vow is adapted from a true story. The commencement of the movie is the scene that Paige Collins ( starring : Rachel McAdams) and her husband Leo ( starring: Channing Tatum) come out of a movie theater. On their way home, Paige unbuckles her seatbelt to lean over and kiss Leo. At that very moment, a truck collides their car from behind and Paige crashes through the windshield. In the meanwhile, Leo narrates words that "The moment of impact. The moment of impact proves potential for change." After this accident, Paige leaves in coma. When she awakes, she doesn't remember Leo as well as those sweet memories. Some people might think this plot is complete clich. However, I think it really makes me feel touched. Also, it gives heart palpitations to fans of its charming co-stars Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. I really love their performance in About Time and Dear John while this one is the most incredible one.
½ November 1, 2015
The Vow has been targeted with adjectives like shoal.
Honestly, I can't see why.
To me, this movie is a touching romantic drama that discusses some of the most important aspects of Love.
October 11, 2015
Cute, but too predictable and cliche for my tastes. The director could have done a lot more with the unique, based-on-a-true-story, plotline, but the characters lacked depth. In fact, the fact that's it's inspired by a true story is the only reason it's potentially worth-watching.
October 4, 2015
I love this movie!! it always makes me feel some type of way but i do not know what way lol
August 29, 2015
moments of direct impact can drastically effect your life.
August 13, 2015
I actually found myself loving this movie. Shortly after, I realized I was still single and there's no hope for me.
½ August 2, 2015
Idk why this movie has such bad ratings. Why compare it to the notebook when it has nothing to do with it besides the same actress? The movies cute, based on a true story, etc. I actually read the true story not too long ago after seeing the movie and it was very interesting. The notebook story was fiction, this story is "real". My only critique: Channing Tatum. He's like a walking zombie throughout the entire film. He basically loses his wife and cries once. I love him, but he can not act in a serious movie.
July 27, 2015
The chemistry is good, the acting is decent, the story is sad. It's not great but for a movie like this, it is watchable so it isn't all bad. Rachel McAdams is actually very good in this and Channing Tatum is Channing Tatum (eye candy for the ladies) so I'd say a MILD RECOMMENDATION for fans of dramas, love stories and either of the lead actors.
July 21, 2015
????LOVE????
I mean
come on!!!!!!
July 3, 2015
Flimsy and maddeningly contrived tearjerker.
July 1, 2015
Really sweet...Tatum is HOT and loved seeing the lack of clothes :). Very romantic
June 25, 2015
Too dark and clichéd, The Vow breaks its promises as soon as the film begins.
June 14, 2015
One of my favorite movies ever
June 13, 2015
The character of Paige was just infuriating which meant that I wasn't invested in the film even slightly. The ending was rushed and haphazard and I don't think she deserved any forgiveness after treating Leo so poorly. Terrible script overall.
June 2, 2015
Both actors did an amazing job with their roles, but Channing Tatum in particular really sold the role that he was madly and completely in love with his wife. This wasn't as good as The Notebook, but it was still very, very good. I really loved the ending.
May 20, 2015
A love story that demonstrates the fact that when God brings two people together, all the powers of this world and of the forces of hell combined cannot keep them apart.
May 11, 2015
A passionate (by a little slow) story, made for the romantic inside all of us.
May 4, 2015
The premise feels very forced throughout with lots of plot holes masked over.
April 23, 2015
it's pretty wonderful to see my favorite actor and actress starred together.a little bit weird combination between muscular Channing and sweet Rachel,but the chemistry between the two performers was quite amazing.Everyone who had been deeply in love with someone special should watch the movie.The Vow.