The Walk Reviews

• Sep 11, 2020

As an acrophobic person, I found the scenes of Petit on the top of the WTC thrillingly disturbing, so much that I had to stop the film at numerous points. Zemeckis and his team created a deeply convincing mise-en-scène of the towers and Petit's suspension between them.

• Aug 21, 2020

It's an exquisite picture, Zemeckis knows the final walk itself is a spectacle of rare beauty, so he just plays with how absurd the events that brought to it were, since we all now they must be true, or the movie wouldn't have happened.

• Jul 21, 2020

The Walk features Joseph Gordon-Levitt as French high-wire daredevil Phillippe Petit planning, then engaging, in a chilling 'walk' between New York's World Trade Center towers. The film takes a while to get going, but becomes markedly more enthralling upon arriving in New York. Quirky and entertaining.

• Jun 19, 2020

Racconto molto lineare che culmina con la "camminata" tra le due torri, gradevole ed emozionante nella parte finale. Poco strutturati invece i personaggi di supporto e le relazioni tra di essi; tante conversazioni che non portano da nessuna parte.

• Jun 17, 2020

Robert Zemeckis' film based on the true events of Phillippe Petit's 1974 tightrope walk between the Twin Towers of the old World Trade Center contains some dazzling effects and a committed performance from Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but viewers will be split about the constant narration throughout the film.

• Jun 16, 2020

Edge-of-the-seat, sweaty palms film. Levitt is almost flawless. His accent, his ability to speak perfect French and his acting talent moved me. What a true story. The film comes very close to being perfect.

• Jun 13, 2020

The movie might have been forgotten by the world but it is still one of the best special effect movies that still contains good drama based on facts.

• May 18, 2020

This movie involved dazzling special effects with a charming performance from Joseph Gordon-Levvit himself. I thought the film could be more layered, perhaps diving deeper into the lives of those who helped him accomplish this dream, but overall, I thought this film was well done. A bit predictable and surface level, but I think that's expected on a movie based on a real-life, remembered story.

• Apr 10, 2020

This drama was really good. Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ben Kingsley, Charlotte Le Bon, James Badge Dale, and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job in this movie. This true story was pretty interesting and frightening to watch. The reason why it was frightening to watch is because the main character Philippe Petit walked on a wire between the twin towers of the World Trade Center buildings in New York. That's 110 stories up in the air. That takes a lot of guts to do. Putting that aside, I would recommend this movie to anyone. It's worth seeing.

• Apr 08, 2020

With impressive visuals and cinematography balanced with an engaging story, The Walk is an absorbing, suspenseful, and elegantly directed film.