The Watch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Watch Reviews

December 20, 2015
It's like Mars Attack, only maybe a bit funnier and has all the dicky references that it's impossible to take this seriously. Plot twist though...
½ December 9, 2015
The Watch is such an awful film 90% of the jokes just fall completely flat due to them being very juvenile and stupid, in many of the scenes they will just throw in a reference to dicks,vaginas and other sexual stuff just to simply get 12 year olds laughing like"Haa he said penis" but to Richard ayoyade's credit he does provide some decently funny moments in the movie in an otherwise unfunny mess of a film.
½ October 30, 2015
Not entirely terrible, but not good at all.
October 24, 2015
The script is awful, the story is even worse. It had a couple parts I laughed at, and some of the SciFi scenes were cool. That's about it. Won't be remembering this one.
October 22, 2015
funny movie great cast
½ October 3, 2015
There is too much rubbish talk and the dialogue is not even slightly funny. There is a plot but everything has to be rewritten to make it watchable. If "The watch" is intended to be a satire, it fails big time. It is only a bunch of idiots running around irritating the audience.
October 3, 2015
The Watch is one sick gag after another lacking intelligence and meaning. A great talented comedic cast is squashed by a boring and terrible script. It was painful to sit through the first time, I will not be watching it again.
½ September 23, 2015
Jonah Hill has some great one liners in this movie. Not as bad as the 17% critic score. I've seen a lot of movies that are worse.
½ September 15, 2015
Puerile, but amusing.
September 8, 2015
Maybe even 3.5...Definitely worth watching again
½ September 5, 2015
Pretty damn funny actually
August 21, 2015
A simple-minded, predictable movie, The Watch is definitely not the best. But, the talented cast and the perfect script makes The Watch an overall funny movie. Unlike some other comedies, it is an almost guaranteed laughter session.
August 7, 2015
It's hilarious if you are into the classic Vince Vaughn comedy and Jonah Hill mixture it really is a good movie. Some cliche but I mean what do you expect from a movie about a neighborhood watch? Seriously love it.
August 5, 2015
I had to give this a full star rating because one, this actually has a decent plot and two, they played Easy-E's song when the credits roll. Not only because of those two but the story really took a U-Turn. I thought it was just another typical comedy movie with a typical serial murder case but I did not expect what was gonna happen halfway through the movie. Comedy movies tend to not take things so seriously and that's what you would expect with a movie like this and I'm glad Ben Stiller along with Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and someone I'm not familiar with, Richard Ayoade to be in a movie like this. Although it may have a bad rating and the usual flaws found in this movie like the almost infinite bullets scene with Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, the movie was entertaining anyhow. I'm sure watching with friends and perhaps with a family, it's all the more enjoyable. This is one of those movies where you can just have good laughs while the story is attainable. That's the kind of comedy movie I like and some of Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey movies tend to have those kind. Should they make a sequel? Why not? But it's hard to go down the road with comedy movies containing sequels but why not? As long as they still keep the sense of humor in that was established in the first film then it's all good. But that's just me. I enjoyed this and actually made me laugh in some of the parts in the movie. Even if none of the actors in this movie were not my top favorites.
½ August 2, 2015
Just watched it, biggest piece of tosh i've seen in a long time.
August 1, 2015
Well obviously the first word to describe this film is: PREDICTABLE. With some good people in this film, such like Richard Ayoade, and some funny moments, the whole film was drawing to an inevitable conclusion. Overall it was quite a disappointing film.
July 27, 2015
Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill, that should be 90 minutes of hilarity right there, but um, what happened, because I don't think there is even 90 seconds of hilarity. First of all, anyone that knows my taste of movie knows that I am not a huge fan of movies about aliens, in fact, the only 2 I actually like are Signs and War of the Worlds. Now, knowing this, I figured that the 3 main actors would save this for me, but unfortunately, they did not, not even close actually. It's about Aliens, and that's all I can say. There were a couple of funny lines, but I didn't even really laugh at them more than just smirking a bit and that's bad, because these 3 should have been hilarious together, instead, they all fell flat, and the movie falls even flatter because of it. Very disappointed and I wasn't even expecting much, so that's not a good thing. SKIP this one, or the only thing thing that will be watched will be your watch.
July 26, 2015
It had a few funny moments.
½ July 24, 2015
Horribly disappointing.
½ July 24, 2015
Not a bad idea but poorly executed