The Wedding Weekend (2008) - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wedding Weekend (2008)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Wedding Weekend Videos

The Wedding Weekend Photos

Movie Info

Fifteen years after their college graduation, a group of fun-loving thirty-somethings reunites for a friend's wedding, realizing just how much their lives have changed over the course of one long, nostalgic weekend. Back in 1991, David, Richard, Ted, and Will thought the world was their oyster. Flash forward a little over a decade, and aspiring software entrepreneur David is fielding tech support calls while trademark attorney Richard attempts to recover after a bitter divorce, Will runs errands in a recording studio while attempting to launch his acting career, and uptight businessman Ted is about to lose his job. Back in school, the four old friends sang with Greg, who's just announced that he's about to get married on Long Island and wants to reunite the group to sing at his wedding. Meeting at the family beach house of the Zen-like Spooner for rehearsal, the guys even manage to convince Steven -- the lone "successful" member of the group -- to take a break from producing a reality show about Vanna White and drop by for the big event. Later, at Spooner's, the men and their significant others start to mingle as Steven and Michelle's 23-year-old Swedish nanny Elsa sends the men into a pre-mid-life panic. While it's anyone's guess as to how this wedding will turn out, by the time the long weekend is over, a bar fight, a playful skinny dipping session, a near-death experience, and an outrageous sex fantasy help the lifelong friends to both readjust their perspectives, and reevaluate their priorities.

Watch it now

as Michelle
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Wedding Weekend

All Critics (1)

Indie buddy comedy hits too many wrong notes.

Full Review… | December 31, 2010
Common Sense Media

Audience Reviews for The Wedding Weekend

It's pretty ridiculous how cheesy this movie is. The dialogue is awful, and the music is hokey. And really, it's just in general not a very good movie. But it's good for some cheap laughs, and it's certainly not the worst comedy I've ever seen, so... there's that. I can't rave about this, but I did manage to sit through the whole thing.

Amanda Hendsbee
Amanda Hendsbee
½

This was a wildly inappropriate weekend for a group of friends. I loved the a capella numbers that were spread throughout the movie and overall I enjoyed this movie much more than I expected.

Heather Metzger
Heather Metzger
½

Cast: David Alan Basche, Chris Bowers, Samrat Chakrabarti, Alexander Chaplin, Rosemarie DeWitt, Mark Feuerstein, David Harbour, Elizabeth Reaser, Reg Rogers, Molly Shannon Director: Bruce Leddy Summary: Back in college, Greg (Mark Feuerstein) was in a seven-man a cappella group. Now, he's getting hitched and invites his old friends to reunite and perform at the wedding. They haven't sung together in 15 years, but rusty pipes aren't their only problem. Failed marriages, flagging careers and missed opportunities hang over their heads -- but the reunion may be the perfect solution. My Thoughts: "It's a little funny likeable movie if you can get past the singing. Not that their bad, it's just completely cheesy. The story-lines are not all developed very well and you don't get much of a back story on these characters. But they are funny and the acting isn't awful either. The film is quite entertaining with all the mishaps happening. Molly Shannon is by far the funniest person in the film. It's not a bad watch, give it a try."

♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥

The Wedding Weekend Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Wedding Weekend on our Movie forum!

News & Features