The Well (1998) - Rotten Tomatoes

The Well (1998)

TOMATOMETER

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Well Videos

The Well Photos

Movie Info

In her feature film directorial debut, Samantha Lang offers a subtle and moving psychological portrait of a female friendship and the effects of an unexpected tragedy upon it.
Rating:

Geneviève Lemon
as Jen Borden
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Well

All Critics (9) | Top Critics (1)

Samantha Lang's Australian rural gothic, which premiered in the 1997 Cannes Film Festival, offers a few twists but id ultimately frustrating and pretentious due to Laura Jones' enigmatic and undernourished script.

Full Review… | December 21, 2006
EmanuelLevy.Com

Obviously, this is a must see for fans of Welles, but any film buff would certainly dig this doc.

September 10, 2005
Planet Sick-Boy

A tight, claustrophobic psychological thriller from Down Under.

April 1, 2005
Freeze Dried Movies

The Well wins points for its creative use of filters and silence... but those looking for a real creepshow will probably be left wanting.

April 4, 2002
Filmcritic.com

This unconventional and macabre Australian film is an exploration of yearning and the always fascinating subject of relationships between women.

Full Review… | December 8, 2001
Spirituality and Practice

Despite a deliberate paced and occasional pretentions, this is an effective psychological thriller that studies sexual repression.

October 16, 2001
Daily-Reviews

Audience Reviews for The Well

½

I thought this movie was great.......it has lesbian vibes to it......the older woman likes the younger woman......I saw this aa long time ago but loved it .its cooll,smart, scary suspencefull..... I recomend this highly believe me SEE THIS .......its a hidden gem

d jones
d jones

The Well Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Well on our Movie forum!

News & Features