The Witch Reviews

• 4d ago

Keep watching to see when the movie would make sense. Unfortunately, it never did...

• 4d ago

Writer/director Robert Eggers bursts onto the scene with the best horror film since Let the Right One In, while lead actress Anya Taylor-Joy cements herself as one of the top young actors to keep an eye on. Gorgeous, disturbing, and completely original, The Witch is a must-see for horror fanatics.

• Jan 13, 2020

User reviews are packed with people expecting a movie similar to generic modern horror movies. The slow pace of this movie does the tone justice, and the movie is filled with disturbing scenes, in a good way. Great movie, must see.

• Jan 13, 2020

One of the best movies of the decade!

One of the best movies of the decade!

• Jan 13, 2020

Despite of the vagueness of the main plot in this movie I still very confidence to say this is an amazing Horror movie, with a bunch of slow and dark build up make me very intense since the beginning of this movie and its crawling terror really paid off in the end of the movie. Anya Taylor-Joy performance is awesome, her introduction for me was movie titled Split that I thought she was giving a great performance there but in The Witch she's really show her acting talent. This is definitely one of my favourite Horror movie.

• Jan 11, 2020

I don't like these kinds of horror movies. Not scary, little tension until the end, forgettable.

• Tiffany P
    Jan 09, 2020

Very boring and a waste of time. People who like Shakespeare may like/love this.

• Jan 05, 2020

It is a masterpiece of a film, with a stellar direction and a strong performance from Anya Taylor-Joy,

• Jan 05, 2020

Having first experienced this bewitching film during the first week of its theatrical run in 2016 and seeing it a second time tonight on Netflix, I found it still holds an incredible seductive power over the viewer. The directorial debut of Robert Eggers powerfully demonstrates the fine line between supernatural horror and religious hysteria. A must see for anyone who appreciates a well-made, well-acted film. The sinister score and strange lighting (that's reminiscent of Old Dutch portraits) are truly awe-inspiring. A MUST SEE!

• Jan 04, 2020

I'm being generous giving the film half a star, and that's only because I had no choice for 0. No story line. No factor of horror. Worst film of the decade.