The Wizard of Oz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wizard of Oz Reviews

October 20, 2017
The Wizard Of Oz:The Wizard Of Oz's Groundbreaking special effects, classic dialogue, ageless musical numbers and a absolutely beautiful world makes The Wizard Of Oz one of the most influential movies ever made in cinema.
October 14, 2017
Excellent acting on all levels with the best special effects for the period.
½ October 14, 2017
Why is this movie at 99%? i know its meant for little kids, but there is way better movies like cars, zootopia, finding dory, etc
October 8, 2017
This movie is a classic movie for my childhood, but I really love this movie so much
September 29, 2017
Great movie, one of my all time favorites, mesmerizing
September 3, 2017
Perfect Christmas viewing, fantastic film which i never tire of seeing. Christmas doesn't start till i have watched this.
September 2, 2017
Not a fan of this movie
August 25, 2017
This is the one of my best childhood memories about movies that I'll remember forever.

I don't remember when exactly I watch it, but I do remember that time, when I was a child, I imagining myself as Dorothy, in Munchkinland in the Land of Oz, Glinda tells me to follow the yellow brick road to the Emerald City, where the Wizard of Oz might be able to help to get back home. Then on the trip, meets and befriends with a Scarecrow (who wants a brain), a Tin Man (who desires a heart), and a Cowardly Lion (who is in need of courage).

Yeah. When I was younger, though I still do this until today, I often used to put myself as a character inside of a story, either in the books or in the movie. Well not all, depends on the character itself. If I can relate to the character, even the slightest, then I do. If I can't, I separate myself from the character and look at it from an outside source, or I'll be the side character (not main character) if I'm more relate to them.

I'm pretty sure this ever happened to you too. Am I right? So if you haven't watched this movie, go watch it!! especially for classics movie lovers.

P.S: what I do remember too is that I'm freaking happy when I finally found this movie these days. and I'm watching it again and relive my childhood memories all over again.
August 23, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Encantadora y divertida, con un icónico uso de la narrativa y el color, para dar un resultado más que maravilloso.
August 16, 2017
A timeless classic, the wizard of Oz is a wacky, fun and imaginative adventure that is sure to last for generations to come.
August 10, 2017
i. like. this. movie
August 10, 2017
For almost seventy-six years people have gone over the rainbow and been off to see the wizard. No reason to stop now!
½ August 8, 2017
My childhood in a nutshell. The colors, the themes, the hilarious characters, the childlike imagination of the story, what's not to love. It's timeless and beautiful and pretty much the essential film to show a kid.
½ August 8, 2017
Why does this exist.
August 7, 2017
How Can you not love this movie, Best of all time. Watch it even tho i'm 56 and still love watching it A+++++
August 6, 2017
Easy to see why this amazing achievement was rated the #1 fantasy movie of all time. Perfect casting and visuals decades ahead of its time, no movie of any genre has ever pushed the envelope so far in one fell swoop. Pure Magic.
August 6, 2017
Great film. Complete classic. Never gets old. Timeless music.
August 6, 2017
The Wizard of Oz (1939) is as visually exciting and emotionally stirring today as it was when first released. It's the ultimate family film. A wonderful cast and score bring the magical characters and story to life, as the audience is swept away on Dorothy's journey over the rainbow. Every turn on the yellow brick road is packed with creativity and whimsy that plucks at the heartstrings. The cinematography is just perfect. Judy Garland emanates a delightful innocence as Dorothy that perfectly matches the film's tone, and the Wicked Witch of the West is the quintessential fantasy villain. The Wizard of Oz deftly embeds moral messages into its enchanting story, allowing its audience to fully join Dorothy on her journey of awakening. The film is still firmly stamped into contemporary popular culture - the best evidence that it will forever endure the test of time. The Wizard of Oz (1939) is morally, ethically, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely and reliably wonderful.
August 3, 2017
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
August 2, 2017
A visually dazzling ride for its time, this family classic also has enough humor, memorable characters and joyful music to endure the ages, even if its dramatic acting would be considered abysmal today.