tomato meter guess anyone?

tomato meter guess anyone? id say high 70s to early 80s. (after many failed attempts the wolverine is the definitive charcater movie with a fantastic performance from hugh jackman, great action and above all some emotional heft)
Tom Dan
05-18-2013 12:39 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Cherina Bantaqquez

Cherina Bantaqquez

It should be at least 70%. Maybe even more but not more than 80%, I think. It's good, just not X-Men 2 or X-Men: First Class good...

Jul 27 - 10:51 AM

Peter Atienza

Peter Atienza

Between 70-81%, I think.

Jul 25 - 03:55 AM

Kyle Patterson

Kyle Patterson

The reviews have been going up all week. Well I might actually go see it this weekend now.

Jul 24 - 10:18 AM

Jamie White

Jamie White

Well it hit my 70% - It can go higher if it wants :)

Jul 24 - 07:51 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Seems it'll end between 58% or 60%

Jul 22 - 08:53 AM

Pat Solitano

Pat Stinson

45-50%
Despite a great performance from Hugh Jackman, the movie lacks interesting supporting characters and is plagued by overly cgi-ed action scenes.

Jul 20 - 04:06 PM

Ungly Foursixfive

Ungly Foursixfive

71%-75%

Jul 20 - 03:51 PM

The Wolf of Wall Street

Jordan Belfort

40-50%

Jul 20 - 12:15 AM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

looks too generic

Jul 19 - 08:23 PM

Kenneth Elliott

Kenneth Elliott

Agree. Does look pretty generic. And I'm shocked that it's in the 70's right now.

Jul 24 - 09:45 AM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

45-55%

Jul 19 - 08:22 PM

Job Ibaņez

Job Ibaņez

60-79%

Jul 19 - 05:09 PM

Reid Sweatt

Reid Sweatt

66% The Wolverine is a step in the right direction for Hugh Jackman gives a great performance and the action is exhilarating. But The Wolverine is also bombastic.

Jul 19 - 10:20 AM

Jamie White

Jamie White

It is comforting to know though that the combined rating of the Broadcast Film Critics Association and the Broadcast Television Journalists Association stands at 82 of 100 at the moment.

Jul 19 - 06:15 AM

This comment has been removed.

Jamie White

Jamie White

Aggregates. Here's just a few. I think RT may have Warner Brothers jealousy going on. :) www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/07/movie-review-wolverine-2013.html

www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/19/the-wolverine-review

www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/review-hugh-jackman-makes-a-nice-return-to-form-in-james-mangolds-the-wolverine

Jul 19 - 07:42 AM

Sionnach Oghma

Sionnach Oghma

Not going well, is it? How long until Days of Future Past?

Jul 19 - 04:41 AM

Luis Garit

Luis Garit

37% i just have a feeling its only going to keep going down i mean the metacritic score is nearing the red zone.

Jul 18 - 10:03 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

51%

Jul 18 - 09:07 PM

Franck TheGaijin

Franck TheGaijin

I though around 60-65 but it is now at 58 and still going down...

Jul 18 - 07:48 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/review-hugh-jackman-makes-a-nice-return-to-form-in-james-mangolds-the-wolverine

Jul 18 - 07:04 PM

Megan Abenante

Megan Abenante

30-70

Jul 18 - 06:31 PM

Corey Prosise

Corey Prosise

You guessed half of the possible ratings, that's not really the whole point of this . . .

Jul 18 - 08:46 PM

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

Imma gonna say 72%

Jul 18 - 04:08 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

Interesting RT - The Shiznit review gives it 3/5 and it get ranks as a negative with the only negative quote pulled from the whole review. - Hyping the negative again?

Jul 18 - 01:45 PM

Jackson Eckert

Jackson Eckert

You people still don't get this. RottenTomatoes ASKS reviewers whether their review should be considered "rotten" or "fresh." IT IS NOT ARBITRARILY DECIDED. IF IT'S ROTTEN, THAT'S WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE.

Jul 18 - 02:14 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

What I still don't understand is the emphasis on the negative. I've read virtually every review and they are overwhelmingly positive, but RT seems to go out of its way to find the the ones that slam the movie. So I don't know if it is RT or the "top" critics they favor who seem to want to remain relavent.

Jul 18 - 06:13 PM

Jackson Eckert

Jackson Eckert

That level of bias would be incredibly unprofessional and highly unlikely. Any focus on negativity is probably due to the individual reviewers themselves; I seriously doubt RT would do something like that. At least, I really, really hope they wouldn't....

Jul 18 - 07:25 PM

Marv Castillo

Marv Castillo

65% critics - 84% audience.

Jul 18 - 12:51 PM

Sam Bubis

Sam Bubis

64% Critics -- 70% audience

Jul 18 - 12:27 PM

Face Nyland

Face Nyland

54% That's just a shot in the dark. I don't know anything about X-Men. I will say that I believe Hugh Jackman's talent isn't being used properly. His best performance happened in January when we watched in cinematic awe at the buttery testicles hanging off of his chin. Riveting stuff.

Jul 18 - 11:08 AM

ManOnFire

The ManOnFire

I'm guessing it will be in the 50s range. Personally, I've had enough of Wolverine. There are more characters far more deserving of a movie.

Jul 18 - 10:44 AM

Teddy K.

Ryan Gavetti

Let's go with 75%. A solid attempt at bringing the definitive X-man back to the big screen with a few missteps between imaginative action sequences.

Jul 18 - 10:30 AM

Aman Kumar

Aman Kumar

75%-90% critics and above 80 audiences

Jul 18 - 07:37 AM

Phillip P.

Phil Payton

low 70% - high 60%

Jul 18 - 06:37 AM

Kevin Spaulding

Kevin Spaulding

79% The Wolverine is filled with dazzling locales and fight scenes, as well as a tour de force performance from Hugh Jackman. Though it may not live up to high expectations or die hard Wolverine fans, the film is an enjoyable summer blockbuster and welcome addition to the Marvel canon.

Jul 17 - 09:48 PM

Joel Goodson

Tom Ho

It's at 80% now

Jul 17 - 07:42 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

65%

Jul 17 - 04:51 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Just as long as it's fresh, I'll be happy, though above seventy five would be very pleasing. My problem is the bias every mainstream critic has now. Unless it's "serious" like Dark Knight, or funny, like Avengers, it's just trash. If Wolverine strikes a fine balance, it'll probably just get trashed.

Jul 17 - 03:21 PM

Chris Bob

Chris Bob

53%

Jul 17 - 01:55 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

Nice collection of all reviews so far http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461737

Jul 17 - 12:18 PM

Jamie White

Jamie White

70% - With the fan girls and fan boys both loving Hugh and Wolverine even Robbie Collin's usual nastiness and delusions of superiority won't bring this movie down.

Jul 17 - 11:27 AM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

69%
"A far better film than 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine is a strong entry in this aging franchise, succeeding thanks to a predictably great performance from Hugh Jackman and several fantastic action sequences."

Jul 17 - 08:15 AM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

"Many failed attempts"? Are you talking about the single other solo movie with Wolverine?

Jul 16 - 04:58 PM

Tom Dan

Tom Dan

im talking about wolverine in general. yes the solo movie and also how bad his character was in the other x men movies

Jul 17 - 05:33 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

His character was perfect in the other X-Men films. Hugh Jackmann plays a fantastic Wolverine.

Jul 17 - 06:04 AM

Tom Dan

Tom Dan

im not disputing hugh jackmans performance , as you said he plays a fantastic wolverine its just his character was like a punching bag and he just felt weak and not like he is supposed to be in the comics. and in the origins movie he was to indistructable like a mad killing machine.

Jul 17 - 06:14 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

In Origins he was a whiny pussy. In X-Men and X2 he was a supreme badass. To each his own though.

Jul 18 - 05:50 AM

Corey Prosise

Corey Prosise

Hugh Jackmann is a terrible Wolverine, although I can't control his writers lack of "bub" likes, Hugh Jackman just doesn't snarl and make whitty disses like the comic book Wolverine, or even the animated series. Any true comic book fan would notice this too. They also dim him down way to much for the big screen, what we need is a snarky, bitter, clever R rated, gory wolverine movie.

Jul 18 - 08:49 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I'm a big comic book nerd and I still love Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Jul 19 - 04:55 AM

Oren K.

Oren Kreps

79%, Top 75%. Jackman shines, and while the movie could run for 20 minutes less, there is enough action and enough set pieces to make this summer flick enjoyable.

Jul 16 - 09:22 AM

hernandezjon12

jon hernandez

I want to guess between 75%- 87%, its directed by James mangold and he has made some pretty good movies

Jul 14 - 10:34 AM

Dillon Thompson

Dillon Thompson

40% this looks GARBAGE.

Jul 8 - 08:29 AM

??????? ?.

??????? ?.

No offense but when producers take it to the japanese they are often over ambitious and their so anticipated movies turn out to be no more than a bucket of ''ahem''

Jul 8 - 08:08 AM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Critics- Mid to high 60s
Audience- High 80s

Jul 5 - 06:26 AM

Smartest Person Here

Greg Bonnette

69%

Jul 5 - 03:48 AM

John C.

John Criger

89% Average Rating 8/10

Jul 4 - 01:51 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

high 50's to low 60's, I think.

Jul 4 - 09:54 AM

Kevin Schrooders

Kevin Schrooders

Jul 4 - 08:41 AM

Mayank Fiction Man

Mayank Fiction Man

40-60%

Jul 2 - 07:03 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

79%

Jun 28 - 04:02 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I really want a good score, but I don't want to get my hopes up considering what happened last time there was a Wolverine movie.

Jun 27 - 12:09 AM

Shritan Varma

Shritan Varma

Jun 18 - 09:09 AM

Sionnach Oghma

Sionnach Oghma

Have a LITTLE faith; even Origins managed to scrape more than that, though just barely. On virtue of not featuring That's-Not-Deadpool alone, this has to be better.

Jun 24 - 09:04 AM

Vinny Salerno Jr.

Vinny Salerno Jr.

80-95%. After seeing James Mangold's "3:10 to Yuma" i have no doubt this film will come close to, if not above, their approval rating.

Jun 17 - 04:00 PM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

Yeaaaaa, like 72-88%. Somewhere around there.

May 28 - 10:56 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile