The Woman Chaser Reviews

• Aug 28, 2018

Great, underrated and under seen comedy. One of the best movies about making movies ever made. It plays like satire, but truth runs deep here.

• Feb 22, 2018

A much underrated indie film...Warburton is pitch perfect and Devor's visuals are stunning as well as a great soundtrack.

• Jul 23, 2015

Ran into this movie and decided to give it a shot in large part due to the fact Patrick Wharburton was the lead. It says comedy and it trys to be very dry with its humor attempts but didn't make me laugh once. The story is okay but not that interesting either although it gets better as it goes. A not so bad ending saves it from being terrible but it isn't much to watch overall.

• Feb 18, 2015

Komediallinen ja tyylittelevä tulkinta Willefordin kyynisestä romaanista on kiinnostava yritys, joskin fiilikseltään jotain ihan muuta kuin alkuteos. Tässä on valittu lähtökohdaksi monisävyisen romaanin yksi taso ja kupattu sitä niin pitkälle kuin on rautalankabudjetin puitteissa pystytty.

• Apr 27, 2014

My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.

My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.

• Mar 05, 2014

A must-see. Every successful adaptation of a Charles Willeford novel is going to challenge some viewers and produce a reaction in which they're not sure whether they're supposed to laugh or be repelled. The uninitiated view will think, wait, this is weird, is the director messing with me here? Inappropriate laughter is a hallmark of the absurdly amore world of Willeford. If you think it's a "film noir parody" you don't quite get it. Charles Willeford meant to hold up the entire human universe for ridicule and parody; and once you comprehend that, you cross a barrier. It also makes for a fuller enjoyment of this adaptation of one of the great classics of American fiction -- not just noir fiction or crime fiction -- The smart guy is the one who makes no distinction. A great book is a great book, period. Put down that post-modern pulp by Franzen or Lethem and read some real art, pal.

• Mar 20, 2011

This was the movie shown at my movie club last month (March). I rate it 3 stars. It's a nod to old film noirs. It's funny, disturbing, depressing, and just off-beat. It's getting a second revival on the movie circuit.

• Mar 03, 2011

Edgy shite; but has a nice look to it. Has many quotable lines and underlying perversion. Bored me...

• Feb 20, 2011

Can you make an amazing, frenetic noir picture on a seriously tiny budget that's worth watching? Robison Devor can, I guess.

• Feb 09, 2011

Firstly -there is an excellent blog written here http://www.noiroftheweek.com/2007/11/woman-chaser-1999.html so I wont try to top that. This film is so very underrated. It would not surprise me if it gets some much needed attention in the future. Every time I see it I get sucked in to the story characters and the music. If you like a good old hollywood film-noir style movie this is for you. Favorite quotes "kiss goodnight?" "no thanks I kiss to wetly" or "why did they attack me?" "because you tried to help him tha's why". Now that I think of it this movie has the same feel as Sunset Blvd.