The Woman in Black 2 Angel of Death Reviews

• Jun 21, 2019

Another horrible sequel. What is up with all these crappy horror movies? I honestly feel like I could write a better horror movie in my sleep!

• May 12, 2019

Only one word: Boring. The first one was way much better

Only one word: Boring. The first one was way much better

• Mar 29, 2019

As its title hints, The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death utilizes the same aesthetic, sets, and basic premise of the previous film to a slightly different end. Instead of an unappeasable force of murderous chaos, the title character becomes an instrument of godlike judgment, punishment, and, potentially, redemption. For the most part, this surprisingly solid sequel consistently maintains its predecessor's gloomy mood, but, perhaps in part because of its new thematic emphasis, it lacks the tightness, tension, and terror of the original.

• Feb 04, 2019

It's Bang On The Middle Ground Of A Horror-Suspence Genre. In Short, There Is Enough Going On To Keep The Punters Guessing How The Twists Will Develop The Overall Tone, Which Generally Is Scarey, Particurly The Haunting Look Of Real Locations In England. It Does Not However Go Anywhere Too Surprising & In Respect To Modern CGi Effects There Is Very Little Used, Some People Will Love This As It Harks Back To Classic English Ghost Stories.

• Dec 30, 2018

I don’t know why this movie has a low rate. I remember when I saw it and it was so creepy and scary. Nothing like the first one. In my opinion, killing kids and ghost kids is the scariest thing ever.

• Nov 05, 2018

When I'm thinking about saying in this review is not to be confused with the Daniel Radcliffe version when the other film is called Angel of Death but then I've just recently realized that the title for this is The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death. I actually thought this is a different version but no, it's just a sequel. In this one, the two teachers decided to put the children to the isolated house known as Eel Marsh House away from the war but it seemed that the house is haunted and this is where the angel of death comes in. When it comes the horror movies, this is one you can watch in the dark, that is of course if you liked it, I just found it to be all right. I wouldn't say it's that good but holy hell, it's scary. I had the feeling that it's not well praised. I haven't seen the first film with Daniel Radcliffe in it. Either will you avoid it or see it, just don't get confused by it's title whilst you in the store. For me, it's all right but I had a good scare. Looks like many of the recent horror films are not going to be well received by many people at the time.

• Sep 09, 2018

The movie was so dark you couldn't see half of the movie to be scared about anything and 2. How is this a sequel? I thought the first movie was of a man living in the house? The teacher was too weak for my taste.

• Oct 07, 2017

Definitely not as scary and good as the first one as you already know what happened and how

• Jul 16, 2017

Pointless sequel to a forgettable movie. The only redeeming fact about it is that the woman kinda looks creepy. Crappy plot and dumb kids. Loaded with jumpscares as suspected. Worthless fim.

• Jul 16, 2017

*Spoilers Ahead* Felt like they tried to cram too many events, characters, and explanations into this sequel, making it just drag on and on. A little too trope-y as well with jump scares, seeing dead people, doors opening and closing mysteriously, mute but still annoying child who sketches, characters haunted by failures of their past which they redeem themselves of by the end of the film, sloppy attempt at a love story, etc. It was revealed that the woman in black can prey on trauma from people's pasts and also that her dead son's father was her brother-in-law but I was disappointed that nothing substantial was added to her history or of how to stop her (other than not looking at her and not being near the house). I would have like to have had some insight into what specific physical thing binds her there, if it can be moved, if she is able to possess someone, and how she can appear at a distance so far from the house at times. I doubt there will be a third one but who knows. Not sure what the plot would be though. It's trope-ish too but maybe in the 80s or 90s a group of teens looking for paranormal places, ghost hunting for fun, or going in on a dare after they hear the local legends about Eel Marsh. Maybe the woman in black is cool with killing teenagers or maybe nothing happens at the first visit and one of them simply takes the dead boy's necklace as a souvenir. Then the killings start when she starts popping up in their home town. After some dead bodies, linking the deaths to the woman in black and the necklace, and looking into how to resolve hauntings at their local library, they return to Eel Marsh to seal away the woman in black for good. After some cuts and bruises, those who survived the ordeal managed to do just that. Then, fast forward to present day, Eel Marsh has been a tourist attraction for a while now and half of it has been remodeled into a modern bed and breakfast. Overly adventurous tourists get into some off limits areas of the historical portion of the manor and disturb the seal. They get jump scared by the old host lady (who dresses a woman in black as an homage to the history of the house) telling them to get back to the lodging side of the building. As they all head back to their rooms and the hostess closes the door, lightning flashes and a reflection of the woman in black is seen in the window. The end. Haha.