The World According to Dick Cheney - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World According to Dick Cheney Reviews

½ August 11, 2016
A fair view on a controversial figure. Very informative of the process and power.
May 9, 2016
So I watched this a few days ago. Dick Cheney is so full of himself. He believed his own hype. He can't even admit he was wrong, as he walks us through his interpretation of the Bush years. From 9/11 to the dumbass wars, THAT WE'RE STILL IN, he is completely unapologetic in the path he has set America on. R.J. Cutler did a great job balancing out the hype, with facts. But I really do believe the Cheney & Rumsfeld are war criminals.
½ July 13, 2013
A risible apologetic for Dick Cheney. This "documentary" essentially allows Cheney to make one propagandist statement after another without rebuttal. The makers of this film clearly want to paint Cheney in a sympathetic light and admonish him for his wrongdoing. Even when his lies are pointed out the film, they're accompanied by some half-assed justification from Cheney's personal aides and biographers. I had a real problem with who the filmmakers decided to interview for this film. We get so many talking head apologists it made my head hurt, and the interviews with Cheney himself utterly fail in their attempts to humanize him. At no point did Dick Cheney come off in any way sincere in his interviews. This isn't the fault of the filmmakers, but I was disgusted by how complicit this film is in aiding Cheney's transparent attempts to explain away things like lying about WMD's. I don't need a Michael Moore style hit piece, but this documentary is a dishonest piece of propaganda that seriously plays fast and loose with the facts.
½ May 28, 2013
Here's a summary of what goes on in Dick Cheney's noggin about 100% of the time (even when he's sleeping): I'm too awesome. So awesome in fact I dunno what to do with myself.
May 11, 2013
This is a must see for everyone.
May 10, 2013
Dick Cheney was the most powerful VP ever. Dennis Haysbert will tell you.
May 7, 2013
Excellent interview with documentary bits interspersed. Did you know young Cheney was a college dropout who worked a blue-collar job? When he looks straight into the camera and disagrees about how some things happened; and substantive facts don't wholly support his opinions, we see how his 1% doctrine = delusional. Quite enlightening.
½ May 6, 2013
I would have preferred if this was similar to "the fog of war", one long interview with cheney explaining his thinking. maybe he wasn't as forthcoming as macnamara was.
½ March 28, 2013
Watching, "The World According To Dick Cheney", it's interesting to see how a megalomaniac is made.
March 19, 2013
This really is Darth Vader in the flesh. Like Vader, his view of the universe will not be altered by anyone. It became frighteningly apparent how much this one man shaped the world we now live in. Damn him.
March 17, 2013
Power is a helluva drug. He was basically the 43rd President.
March 16, 2013
No surprises, even though I think Cheney was treated somewhat softly in the documentary. For instance he mentions how his parents were Democrats but how when he was in college in Wisconsin he was so turned off by the Vietnam war protesters (and he was a supporter of the war effort) but there was no mention of any of his 5 war deferments. Little things like that matter to people but wasn't covered. The doc did show the deep rift in the 2nd term between Bush-Cheney with the first being Rumsfeld let go right after the 2nd election and then the deeper schism from Scooter Libby and Bush refusing to pardon him for lying.
½ March 16, 2013
Really good documentary. Was a Sundance 2013 film. Interesting man.
½ January 23, 2013
Not knowing much about Cheney going into this film, I found it to be a very balanced and interesting look at one of the most controversial figures in American history.