The World's End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World's End Reviews

Page 2 of 11
Tom Clift
Movie Mezzanine
February 5, 2014
There's pun-laden dialogue and slapstick violence aplenty, but the meta element feels sloppy.
Full Review | Original Score: C+
Bryan Bishop
The Verge
January 22, 2014
A movie that will unexpectedly challenge your expectations in some of the funniest ways you can imagine.
Anthony Quinn
Independent (UK)
December 30, 2013
It's fine in its way, a fond and silly salute to pub crawls, old friends, crap cars, roundabouts, British eccentricity and keeping your head in a crisis -- it's just terribly hit-and-miss.
Full Review | Original Score: 3/5
Jim Lane
Sacramento News & Review
December 30, 2013
It's high old fun, though it plays as a bit too much of a rehash of Pegg and Wright's Shaun of the Dead.
Full Review | Original Score: 3/5
AP Kryza
Willamette Week
December 30, 2013
Wright is one of the most original and energetic filmmakers out there, and paired with Pegg and Frost's expert rapport and a highly charismatic cast, there is no limit to what the team can tackle.
Full Review | Original Score: B+
Brian Salisbury
Film School Rejects
December 30, 2013
Wright uses what he learned on Scott Pilgrim to further his long-standing ability to craft genre comedies that are adept at both the comedic aspects and capturing the crowd-pleasing conventions of the genre with which the comedy is combined.
Full Review | Original Score: B+
Daniel Krupa
IGN Movies
December 30, 2013
The World's Ends ultimately succeeds where its protagonists fail, proving it's possible to grow up without getting old.
Full Review | Original Score: 7.8/10
Top Critic
Chris Nashawaty
Entertainment Weekly
December 30, 2013
As in their previous comedies, Pegg and Frost play men who refuse to stop acting like boys. But these pint-swilling Peter Pans also know how to work the heart and the brain for belly laughs.
Full Review | Original Score: B+
Top Critic
Adam Nayman
Globe and Mail
December 30, 2013
If Wright doesn't quite sustain this astonishing mixture of sadness and silliness all the way through, he gets major points just for attempting it in the first place.
Full Review | Original Score: 4/4
Top Critic
Anthony Lane
New Yorker
December 30, 2013
The gonzo side of the plot is not quite as engaging as the human drama, and the scenes in which the characters meet up and try to mesh again are some of the best in the film.
Felix Vasquez Jr.
Cinema Crazed
November 25, 2013
Director Edgar Wright is as brilliant as ever...
Max Kyburz
Film Comment Magazine
November 4, 2013
Regrettably, the Cornetto Trilogy goes out with a whimper.
Diva Velez
October 1, 2013
Retaining the hilarious chaos and offhand hipness expected of Mssrs. Wright, Pegg and Frost, The World's End doesn't quite spark with Shaun of the Dead's audacious freshness, but is great fun and a definite improvement over the fizz-free Hot Fuzz.
Full Review | Original Score: 4.5/5
Linda Cook
Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)
September 28, 2013
You might want to have a beer after you see 'The World's End,' the latest from the creative team of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright.
Full Review | Original Score: 3/4
Robert Roten
Laramie Movie Scope
September 18, 2013
To me, it is not quite up to the level of their previous films ('Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz') but it is still good enough to recommend.
Full Review | Original Score: B
James Kendrick
Q Network Film Desk
September 11, 2013
the first part of the movie is so good--so knowing and funny and raucous and even bittersweet in its depiction of male arrested development--that all the sci-fi silliness that runs rampant in the second part feels derivative and unnecessary
Full Review | Original Score: 2.5/4
Margot Harrison
Seven Days
September 3, 2013
Let's hope this crew from the UK continues to stand up against the Starbucking of movies.
Full Review | Original Score: 8/10
Mike McGranaghan
Aisle Seat
September 1, 2013
I'd estimate that 75% of The World's End is enjoyable. The other 25% isn't bad, just repetitive.
Full Review | Original Score: 3/4
Matt Brunson
Creative Loafing
August 31, 2013
The early going of the film is terrific ... This material is so strong that it's almost a shame when the science fiction angle takes over.
Full Review | Original Score: 3/4
Todd Jorgenson
August 30, 2013
Pegg's character is obnoxious yet strangely charming, sort of like the movie, which ultimately provides more smiles than big laughs.
Page 2 of 11