The World's End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World's End Reviews

July 1, 2016
More stupid than funny
June 23, 2016
5/5. The best of the excellent Edgar Wright Cornetto trilogy. It's hilarious and fun, but also dark and emotional.
June 20, 2016
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost always make great chemistry on screen, this movie is fun and it's an unexpected ride. Maybe it's not as good as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead for some people, but it's still a great movie to watch.
½ June 19, 2016
A great conclusion to the Cornetto Trilogy.
May 26, 2016
There is so much I can say about this masterpiece of a film. The World's End is about 5 guys on a mission; to cover The Golden Mile, 12 pubs, 60 pints led by Gary King, played to PERFECTION by Simon Pegg. In the process, they soon get embroiled with an Alien invasion similar to Invasion of the Body Snatchers

This movie is truly incredible, containing some hilarious jokes, interesting subplots, but the characters are all great. They're all fleshed out in awesome ways of their own and all of them have a chance to shine. It costars Nick Frost as his pal Andy, as well as Martin Freeman, Rosamund Pike, Paddy Considine, and Eddie Marsan; these actors make up an extremely talented ensemble as they kick plenty of alien butt and is amazing as a visual experience through the first viewing.

This is the kind of movie that blows your mind the first time you see it because of all the awesome spectacle, but with multiple viewings, giving you a story that has so many hidden meanings. As the invasion goes on, the guys get more and more drunk and their secrets are revealed throughout, including a strong conflict between Andy and Gary. There is a surprising amount of foreshadowing in this film as well, and there are double meanings of the characters names that are related to royalty (Page, Prince, Chamberlain, and Knight). Honestly, there are even more layers that are great to be analyzed- check out my analysis review of The World's End. I'll out a link in the description below, and will post it on my home page.

This movie surprised me in every way, and is my favorite movie of 2013, and is one of my favorites of all time. It feels so great; the comedy shines every scene, the action is shot marvelously, the characters are amazing, and the set designs are mind-blowing.
A+!!!!
May 25, 2016
Loved every minute. Refreshingly hilarious.
May 8, 2016
The Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz guys bring us an apocalypse comedy that doesn't measure up with their previous two films, but is non the less a good laugh.
½ May 5, 2016
Not my favorite film in Edgar Wright's Cornetto trilogy, but this film is exhilarating, witty, exciting, entertaining and of course, very funny. It was also really cool to see Simon Pegg play a narcissistic character. I say if you enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz or anything Edgar Wright has made, then I think your really going to like this film.
½ May 3, 2016
The best end of the world comedy to come out this summer, The World's End is the best possible end to Edgar Wright's Cornetto Trilogy.
May 1, 2016
This might be the worst movie I've ever seen and anyone who liked it is one of the blue-blooded aliens. I've never posted on Rotten Tomatoes before now, but felt that this was bad enough to make my first review.
½ April 13, 2016
Hilarious and thrilling in it's own right, Pegg and Frost deliver another hit. Unfortunately, the film has a bit less life than those before it, but it's a thrill ride nonetheless.
½ April 9, 2016
Pegg and Frost, with their unbeatable chemistry with another dedicated cast, do it again with an extremely funny comedy that is, in almost all ways, equal to the previous two Cornetto films.

A
April 3, 2016
Just like 'Dusk till dawn', was enjoying the regular banter until it just became stupid and boring. Too much robot bashing. Boring
½ March 29, 2016
Simon Pegg & Co, are great but I don't think ill watch this movie a hundred times, that's why.
March 28, 2016
Great acting, direction, and script. Hilarious yet thought provoking.
March 27, 2016
Edgar Wright ends his trilogy with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost on a very high note.
March 25, 2016
This film knows exactly what it is and delivers in every aspect. Such a hilarious journey to be had. Only negative I have is how some of the greater characters felt underused and the side plot felt in the way.
½ March 23, 2016
A hilarious, action packed sci fi film that has an awesome story that's funny and emotional and characters that are never forgotten. It's obviously an Edgar Wright movie.
½ March 22, 2016
From beginning till end, I kept laughing. This movie combines so many genres into a great mixture of pure comedy!
½ March 20, 2016