The World's End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World's End Reviews

November 16, 2016
My favorite one out of the trilogy.
November 12, 2016
I'm convinced Edgar Wright is the best comedy director working right now. Not only is this script one of the tightest and funniest I've ever heard, but the directing and cinematography borders on virtuosic. This is clearly the best of the Cornetto Trilogy in my opinion, and anyone who likes things should like this.
October 30, 2016
A great, fun film with hilarious dialogue and great performances (especially Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Martin Freeman)

Not as good as 'Shaun Of the Dead' nor 'Hot Fuzz' though.

A solid 9/10 or 4 stars
½ October 27, 2016
The weakest of the Cornetto trilogy. Mainly because Simon Pegg just over-did it. Still plenty of laughs.
October 18, 2016
??? ??? ????????? ???????? ??? ??? ???.
October 11, 2016
Otra increíble película en esta "trilogía" me gustó mucho la historia, habían cosas que no explicaban bien pero no interesa, al principio no fue tan chistosa, pero llegó a un punto donde no podía parar de reír, muy buena.
October 9, 2016
The World's End is a hilarious, surprisingly intense, and heart-felt movie, it's freaking fantastic.
September 20, 2016
The movie's twist halfway through works really well, and the comedy from the acting/directing team is excellent as always--but overall, it is their third best from the Trilogy.
½ September 18, 2016
I think I missed the joke. I found it boring and predictable. Struggled to watch it all the way through
September 15, 2016
The World's End(2013)
Starring:Simon Pegg,Nick Frost,Rosamund Pike,Paddy Considine,Eddie Marsan, Martin Freeman,David Bradley,Bill Nighy,Thomas Law,Zachary Bailess,Jasper Levine,James Tarpey,Luke Bromley,Sophie Evans,Samantha White, Rose Reynolds,Richard Hadfield,Flora Slorach,Francesca Reidie, Charlotte Reidie, Michael Smiley,and Pierce Brosnan.
Review
GOOD FOOD. FINE ALES. TOTAL ANNIHILATION.
"We are going it to make to the world's if it kills us"
The final chapter in Edgar Wright's Cornetto Trilogy is considered the weakest but I fine it it to be the most fun. You like beer or ice cream? Either way you should love this movie.
The film is set twenty years later after their first attempt,the five musketeers reunite to complete the ultimate challenge-one night,five friends,twelve bars-a boozy quest on which only the strongest will survive. They soon realize that reaching their final pub,The World's End,may be the least of their troubles. They're having the time of their lives,ready to take on the world...but tonight they might have to save it.
This film is a cornetto film at heart but it spends more time on it's satiric look on science fiction and it's characters first. We still get those fence jokes,a cornetto reference and lot's pf pints. The satiric story is original,fun and makes for the funniest film in the cornetto trilogy,I mean I laughed hard more times in this then I did Hot Fuzz.
The characters are easily the best thing in this movie cause you probably know someone like them.
Everything you could want in a comedy is here,the action,the laughs,the love,the cartoonish stuff going on if you want to grab a group of friends and have a good time I recommend you go to The World's End,which I'm giving a five out of five.
September 6, 2016
A lot of fun. Tons of laughs. Fun, drinking buddy movie.
September 2, 2016
I enjoy this movie a lot because it's relatable yet escapism and has an underlying message.....like the classic Trek episodes did.Definitely worth a 2nd or 3rd watch.
½ September 1, 2016
Fantastic movie and hilariously funny. Best movie yet of 2013.
½ August 25, 2016
Nice! I can't say it's the best of the bunch, but it is a very fitting way to finish these Tales of Ice Cream and Blood. Everyone is great in it! The action is fun and interesting. And, of course, the jokes, puns, slapstick, and running gags make this movie the greatest comedy I've seen in a while. Thanks for a wonderful ride guys. Now what's next?

UPDATE: I CAN say it is the best of the bunch! I love it! There is only one thing in this movie I don't like. It is near perfection. I like that it is more emotionally centered than the others. Thanks again, guys.
½ August 22, 2016
The final chapter of the Cornetto trilogy feels and looks a lot like Shaun of the Dead a couple of times. While it starts out like another Hangover episode, the twist of an alien conspiracy ends in a (blue) bloody slaughter in English pubs. That's pretty exciting and fun, the fights are wonderfully choreographed and the effects pretty convincing. The cast and the humor work too. Only the ending is surprisingly dark but not without optimism. But it makes you wish a fourth entry of Wright and Pegg reuniting.
August 18, 2016
While funny, the movie felt a little tired. Definitely the low point in the trilogy. Worth a watch, but not the equal of the other two.
August 17, 2016
Yeah well it wasn't entirely without hidden depths, but they were well-hidden. I quite enjoyed it, while Eleanor was unmoved. It's a comedy, it's daft, and it does address the disappointment that greets men of a certain age, once youthful enthusiasms have been thoroughly extinguished. Not a total waste of time ...one for the blokes though.
August 9, 2016
This has an outstanding cast, an exceptional story, and expert writing and direction from Edgar Wright.
August 8, 2016
Pegg, Frost and Wright are back at it again with The World's End; yet another hilariously original, spark of pure genius.
August 8, 2016
Underrated movie. A shaky beginning but the story line and humour picks up brilliantly and leaves for a very entertaining watch.