The Year That Trembled Reviews

• Nov 13, 2013

5.5/10. So-so drama, bland and tedious at times. It just does not have deep characters, this is where it fails. The characters just don't draw you into the film, you just don't care about them or what happens to them. Very empty and unemotional. Pointless film. Decent cinematography and score.

• Nov 13, 2013

The Year That Trembled (2002) – “Nothing changes, not in politics.” – Phil Robbins. “Trembled” is one-part college kid anxiety over the 1970 Vietnam lottery draft and another-part dramatization of the legal aftermath of the Kent State shootings. It’s an interesting story with decent performances and a good balance between the serious and the silly. Unfortunately, the recorded audio levels on the DVD had me constantly reaching for the controller - that part was maddening. I recommend the film most for the historical perspective. About thirty-five years ago, more and more Americans grew tired with the war in Vietnam and began their struggle to get us out. It was Dick Nixon then, Dick Cheney now; Spiro T. Agnew then, and George W. Bush now. What did the modern war machine learn from the experience of the Old Guard? Don’t kill off so many boys and girls that you need the draft.

• Aug 01, 2007

jonathan brandis last movie... a real example of his acting genius RIP Jon.

jonathan brandis last movie... a real example of his acting genius RIP Jon.

• Jul 03, 2007

Dude, y'all need to see this cause I'm IN IT! WOOT! It's rated R because it's about the war draft, and there's some unnecessary dropping of a few nasty words (best watched with the volume off) but totally, check me out!

• Jun 04, 2007

The acting is all good. Storyline really works better as a book, as it was originally.

• May 29, 2007

Jonathan Brandis did a really great job in this film. He tried really hard to break away from this teen image. He was one of the few teen actors that really had more then a pretty face--this film proves it.

• Jan 18, 2007

jonathan brandis is my all time favorite actor..may he forever rest in peace

jonathan brandis is my all time favorite actor..may he forever rest in peace

• Oct 19, 2006

it was ok not one of jonathan brandis best films but he was in it so had to watch it