The Year Without a Santa Claus Reviews

• Dec 25, 2018

Arthur Rankin and Jules Bass have once again delivered another terrific Christmas program. I have enjoyed this program every Christmas for as long as I can remember and have enjoyed it just as much as the first time I have seen it. The late Mickey Rooney is nothing short of terrific as the voice of Santa Claus. The same can be said for the entire voice cast. The late Dick Shawn is fantastic as Snow Meiser. The songs are terrific as well and add to the program's entertainment value. There is a lot to like about "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and I think you should make it part of your regular Christmas viewing. You will not be disappointed.

• Dec 24, 2018

A prime example of a classic from the era of Christmas Claymation! Even Santa needs a vacation-narration by Mrs. Claus, The Year Without a Santa Claus introduced the world to the classic characters of Mr. Snow Meiser and Heat Meiser.

• Dec 15, 2018

One of the all time holiday greats

One of the all time holiday greats

• Dec 08, 2018

A holiday classic for the ages. The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974) is, perhaps, my favorite of Rankin/Bass' stop motion Christmas cartoons. Ever since I was a child and watched this every Christmas season, I have loved the touching songs, goofy characters, odd story, and sweet message. It's a wondrous little short film for the whole family. The detail and fluidity in Rankin/Bass' stop motion figures and animation is better than ever. The characters appear to move more smoothly. Their designs are much more complex and refined than their previous outings. Rankin/Bass outdid themselves with this one! Above all, I think even more than the lovely voice cast, people remember the songs from The Year Without a Santa Claus most of all. The Snow Miser theme song, I Believe in Santa Claus, and Blue Christmas are my favorites as they each represent an aspect of Christmas. Namely: playfulness, belief, and kindness. The empathy shown for these cute little characters is impress and always warms my heart around the holidays. I highly recommend watching The Year Without a Santa Claus. It's still cute, if childish, and quite short. You will not be bored at how it has aged. The catchy songs are worth the price of admission alone! I love this one dearly.

• Dec 07, 2018

A perfectly crafted Rankin-Bass film, The Year Without a Santa Claus has a, once again, perfectly casted Mickey Rooney, top notch songs, very fun characters, and a very endearing message.

• Dec 04, 2018

This movie was great! I love the Miser brothers!

This movie was great! I love the Miser brothers!

• Jan 14, 2017

another Children's holiday classic like frosty and rudolph that's worth watching over

• Jan 12, 2017

Fun with Christmas puppets.

Fun with Christmas puppets.

• Dec 02, 2016

Great Christmas movie!

Great Christmas movie!

• Mar 28, 2016

This is my personal favorite of the rankin bass christmas specials. The animation is charming as usual, and the songs are great! The characters are good, but we all know that there are really only two characters we want to see. Snow miser and heat miser. This is a classic christmas special, if you have not seen it(which I can't imagine you have not, unless you are young) then see it as soon as possible.