The Young Messiah Reviews

• May 10, 2018

Enjoyable and interesting story of part of Jesus' uncharted youth.

Enjoyable and interesting story of part of Jesus' uncharted youth.

• Mar 28, 2018

As far as biblical movies go, the bar has been raised in recent years. Noah, Exodus, and risen, have all proven biblical can get big budgets, good production values, and a list actors. The young messiah is better than your usual cheesy production but not in the same league as those other films. The acting isn't very good in the sets do feel a bit stagey. We know what happened so there's not a whole lot here to keep your attention. It's OK but the genre has moved forward.

• Mar 25, 2018

Not as good as it should've been.

Not as good as it should've been.

• Mar 07, 2018

I enjoyed this one and the story it told about jesus as a young boy and the family travels around to avoid the romans

• Jan 14, 2018

An interesting semi-fictional semi-traditional story of Jesus in his youth.

An interesting semi-fictional semi-traditional story of Jesus in his youth.

• Dec 06, 2017

I believe no better actors could have played these parts, believable, well done. If you have faith, good movie, if your God can be used to text with, it's alright!

• Sep 22, 2017

Really interesting story....well done!

Really interesting story....well done!

• Jul 17, 2017

This is based on the novel by Anne Rice and not an exact retelling from the scriptures. I found this movie to be interesting, but it occasionally lacked focus in its pacing. I think this movie is worth watching if you are a Christian (or are at least curious about it) but it is not overly memorable. I did enjoy it for what it was though.

• Jul 14, 2017

An interesting plot approach to the life of Christ as a child. The attempt to stay away from the temptation to make an epic was a relief in the smaller scale film that accomplished well what it set out to do.

• Apr 23, 2017

The best film on a religious topic since The Third Miracle. I'll be watching Adam Graves-Neal's career with great interest. He's probably the best child actor I've seen since Haley Joel Osment's early career..