There's Something About Mary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

There's Something About Mary Reviews

½ May 13, 2015
Politically incorrect,childish gross out romantic comedy,,,,, and I didn't stop laughing even as the credits rolled.
May 10, 2015
Don't remember it very well
April 22, 2015
The only one really good film by Farrelly brothers.
April 17, 2015
Absolute Classic Booommm
April 16, 2015
Despite it's crude, but effective, humor, There's Something about Mary doesn't lose itself and remains an entertaining and even romantic story.
April 6, 2015
Watched this movie a few weeks ago, pretty lame. Just stupid ass jokes
April 3, 2015
This is absolute classic comedy, it's just a shame they don't make more like it. The cast are all on top form and the script is brilliant.
March 8, 2015
At first glance, this isn't something that seems like it would work but standout performances from Stiller and Diaz as well as a lovable and hilarious storyline augmented by more than a little Farrelly Brothers quirk makes There's Something About Mary soar as one of the greatest comedy classics of the last century.
½ March 1, 2015
An entertaining storyline with exceptional acting clouded by sexism and insensitivity towards the mentally handicapped.
½ February 17, 2015
I find it too creepy to like. D+
½ February 8, 2015
For me, by far the best Farrelly Brothers movie. I was dragged to this one by my then girlfriend thinking it was a total chick flick - obviously that couldn't be further from the truth. Very crude comedy with Ben Stiller in his most comfortable role as the lovable loser. Matt Dillon steals the show as the sleezy P.I. This is a very un-PC movie which is right in my wheel-house. Not all the jokes hit the mark perfectly, but the ones that do are gut-busters. Great side characters like Warren (franks and beans) and the hitchhiker (7 minute abs). Excellent pacing with non-stop jokes and action. An absolute classic comedy.

Grade = 8.5/10
½ January 26, 2015
A decent story with funny moments, but this movie is held back by slapstcik humor gone astray. Too many gags are going for a shock or gross-out, rather than actually being funny.
½ January 25, 2015
Totally hilarious! It is a little crude, but is still one of the best movies the Farrelly Brothers have made. (First viewing - Teen years)
January 24, 2015
cant remeber. think its good
January 4, 2015
slapstick is not funny when you're sober
December 28, 2014
Funny then, funny now.
December 27, 2014
Most romantic comedies fail in either the romance portion or the comedic portion. There's Something About Mary succeeds in both ways, to a large degree of success. It's about as gross as one would expect from the Farrelly brothers, but its heart is what won audiences over. Career shifting for Cameron Diaz, this film stands the test of time. Like all the Farrelly brothers' films, when the fall flat they fall down hard. I especially disliked one portion of the film where the audience is led to believe the title character is about to be raped (and the following punchline which ensues). Nevertheless, 4 stars out of 5 is a very high rating in my book, and There's Something About Mary succeeds in a way most rom/coms only dream.
½ December 25, 2014
One of those watch once and never again because you know it won't be as funny the second time around comedies
December 22, 2014
I enjoyed this film, it was good fun and enjoyable to watch. Not too many 'Laugh out loud' moments but I'll forgive it for that because I found it to be a charming film.
½ December 19, 2014
There's Something About Mary is one of my favorite movies that makes be laugh every time I watch it. Its outrageous plot flows together nicely and you can't help but root for down on his luck Ted. This all star comedy cast delivers.