There's Something About Mary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

There's Something About Mary Reviews

½ July 9, 2015
Despite a talented cast, "There's Something About Mary" suffers from a boring story and predictable narrative whose few funny scenes aren't enough so that this film can be distinguished in the comedy genre
½ July 9, 2015
½ July 5, 2015
After seeing this movie only once I can see why I got it for the meager price of $2.50. Although it has some good moments (the "hair gel" scene), it's certainly a movie that I cannot for the life of me remember.
July 4, 2015
A movie filled with lies and honest laughs
June 18, 2015
Sweet snd cute movie
June 7, 2015
There is something about that Mary character, and it's not her that makes this Farrelly Brothers comedy probably the weirdest and funny at a level that's below their average. (B-)
June 5, 2015
This still holds up. It is one of Ben Stiller's better movies. Lin Shaye is hilarious! Highly recommend.
May 21, 2015
Vulgar, immature, ridiculous are some the words I would use to label the greatest Farrelly accomplishment to date. Using puerile humour to attack the audiences humour buds. Also showcasing phenomenal comic performances by Stiller and Dillon.
½ May 13, 2015
Politically incorrect,childish gross out romantic comedy,,,,, and I didn't stop laughing even as the credits rolled.
May 10, 2015
Don't remember it very well
April 22, 2015
The only one really good film by Farrelly brothers.
April 17, 2015
Absolute Classic Booommm
April 16, 2015
Despite it's crude, but effective, humor, There's Something about Mary doesn't lose itself and remains an entertaining and even romantic story.
April 6, 2015
Watched this movie a few weeks ago, pretty lame. Just stupid ass jokes
April 3, 2015
This is absolute classic comedy, it's just a shame they don't make more like it. The cast are all on top form and the script is brilliant.
March 8, 2015
At first glance, this isn't something that seems like it would work but standout performances from Stiller and Diaz as well as a lovable and hilarious storyline augmented by more than a little Farrelly Brothers quirk makes There's Something About Mary soar as one of the greatest comedy classics of the last century.
½ March 1, 2015
An entertaining storyline with exceptional acting clouded by sexism and insensitivity towards the mentally handicapped.
½ February 17, 2015
I find it too creepy to like. D+
½ February 8, 2015
For me, by far the best Farrelly Brothers movie. I was dragged to this one by my then girlfriend thinking it was a total chick flick - obviously that couldn't be further from the truth. Very crude comedy with Ben Stiller in his most comfortable role as the lovable loser. Matt Dillon steals the show as the sleezy P.I. This is a very un-PC movie which is right in my wheel-house. Not all the jokes hit the mark perfectly, but the ones that do are gut-busters. Great side characters like Warren (franks and beans) and the hitchhiker (7 minute abs). Excellent pacing with non-stop jokes and action. An absolute classic comedy.

Grade = 8.5/10