Therese (Thérèse Desqueyroux) Reviews

• Oct 28, 2017

It is a good adaptation, conveys the mood of the novel just fine. The big weakness of it is that you have to have read the novel before watching it since the knowledge of the book will complement the viewing experience: Emmanuele Riva is an excellent actress and I will forever associate Therese with her but you have to know the literary source in order to better understand and fathom the thoughts behind her contemplative and brooding countenance. And, as other adaptations, this one didn't escape the flaw of a hurried narration. The actor who played Bernard coped with the role brilliantly, moreover I think he enhanced the character.