Therese Raquin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Therese Raquin Reviews

May 5, 2012
Seria cômico, se não fosse trágico... Não, não. à cômico, tambà (C)m. :)
½ December 2, 2011
Since it's Signoret, you would expect Raquin to become a requin, but instead the femme fatale is a femme tragique.
½ December 2, 2011
Very rarely do I watch a movie and at the end am "wowed". Well this is one movie, for whatever reason, wowed me on the initial viewing. Not knowing much about the movie beforehand, I thought it would be some sappy love story. How wrong I was. Perfect acting throughout...an engrossing story (although it does drag a bit towards the end, but sets you up perfectly for the end). Really three stories within the movie. I could not find anything I would change about this movie. Now I've got to read the book as from my understanding it was changed when making the movie.....
½ March 25, 2011
Underplayed, sometimes to the point of tedium.
January 8, 2011
testing 123 testing 123
August 27, 2010
Currently reading the book and the film adaptation has Simone Signoret as Therese, really? I will have to see this at some point.
June 22, 2010
Il manque la petite étincelle qui aurait pu en faire un très grand film, mais Thérèse Raquin n'en demeure pas moins le meilleur Carné d'après-guerre!
La mise en scène est solide, la photo soignée, Raf Vallone animal... mais Signoret est éteinte!
½ May 31, 2010
Simone Signoret's smoldering Therese Raquin, the oppress wife of a dullard husband who runs off with a swarthy Italian truck driver until he inadvertently murders her husband. Carne's pacing builds tension and suspense although he veers far from the story in Zola's novel.
August 20, 2009
Simone Signoret is my all-time favorite French actress . Everything she does is simply cinematic magic!
Harlequin68
½ February 28, 2009
[font=Century Gothic]In "Therese Raquin," Therese Raquin(Simone Signoret) leads a dreary life working in her aunt's(Maria Pia Casilio) fabric store in Lyon who took her in years ago when her parents died. Out of misplaced gratitude, Therese married her son Camille(Jacques Duby) who is in danger of being coddled to death by his mother. One day everything changes when Laurent(Raf Vallone), a muscular truck driver, brings Camille home drunk. The two bonded after initially arguing and Laurent is invited to game night on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Therese Raquin" is a straightforward and well-acted movie with a heck of a kicker. Under consideration is how passion is sadly one of these things we leave up to chance. But why gamble when you can cheat which is what Camille does? But with his narrow attention to his apparently childish games, he also misses a great deal of what is going on just under his nose.[/font]
May 22, 2008
Good surprise ending!
July 19, 2007
All CLASSICS are GOOD
January 21, 2007
wanna see it i cant wAIT LOL !!!
December 23, 2006
I don't know enough about it.