They Wait - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

They Wait Reviews

June 8, 2010
L'héroïne voit une jeune fille asiat aux cheveux longs et noirs, qui disparait miraculeusement...c'est à peu près ce qui se passe toutes les 2 mins (j'ai vérifié ^^) dans cette infâme compile de moments d'autres films d'horreur asiat. Le talent et l'efficacité en moins.
½ May 7, 2010
This is exactly what America should be doing with asian-horror cinema. Maker's of Grudge, and other %&$@ films could learn from this.
½ April 20, 2010
It was all in all, shocking, not scary but I loved it
April 12, 2010
much love to Jaime King ....
December 25, 2009
not the greatest, nor the worst
½ December 20, 2009
Skeleton in da closet, skeletons in da basement... Film niczym hiena zeruje na japonskim horrorowym wyobrazeniu o trupim duchu - czyli dlugowlosej nastoletniej dziewczynie - ktory to nie moze przejsc na druga strone ulicy zycia. No i meczy biedna mieszana chinsko-amerykanska rodzine... i meczy troche widza. Tajemnica ukryta za smiercia dziewczyny (i jeszcze innych duchow w tle) jest dosc kolorowa i nawet zaskakujaco glupia, ale nie przekonujaca. Przerazajacy film tez raczej nie jest, wiec polecam go tylko chetnym. PS Polski tytul to Krwawe Wizje (groza...)
½ October 25, 2009
Yeah, that just wasn't good at all. Story was cliche and typical and the acting was below average. Just not a good film.
September 4, 2009
Spooky. It's going to be hard trying to sleep tonight with all the images of creepy girls with ink stained hands popping into my head. I had to hide under the covers at some points.
August 12, 2009
The Sixth Sense meets The Eye. Good J-horror with original scares and a coherent plot.
July 23, 2009
scary, makes you jump x)
June 18, 2009
It was as I expected, though better than a few of the films released about the same time. At least the story was of some interest.
June 1, 2009
why does Pei-pei Cheng always play a villian? I'd like to see her as the hero for once...anyway, fairly typical ghost story, find the bones, release the spirit, but with an asian twist...not bad, though...worth a rent.
May 9, 2009
the real ugly ghost was shown only twice in the movie, otherwise there was nothing horrifying. The first killing scene in the jungle and shopkeeper turning into ghost were good. Nevertheless, a horror film with a moral.
½ May 6, 2009
Reasonably okay movie without much blood around. Nothing intense.
May 2, 2009
Classic ghost story. Nothing too new tho.
April 20, 2009
I dont care if they rate the scare as cheap but this movie has a good message, the good thing about it is justice was being served though crime has been done a long time ago.
½ April 17, 2009
This movie is SO boring it's not even funny. There's literally ONE scare in the entire movie and that scare is very cheap. So there's really nothing going for this movie at all. It's not a terrible movie but I don't know, something was just lacking. There's only one remotely interesting thing about this movie is that it's, supposedly, inspired by true events. Other than that, there's nothing interesting about this movie so you won't be missing out on anything if you decide to skip this movie. At least I watched it on free tv, I'd have been mighty pissed off had I paid to see this.
April 17, 2009
Low budget horror that manages to rise above the usual fare with an intriguing story of ancient mythology
April 14, 2009
Pretty standard low budget ghost story. It's quite boring actually and adds very little to the ghost-genre. The scene with the shop-keeper got me though... Didn't see that comming.