Thief Of Hearts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thief Of Hearts Reviews

½ June 1, 2016
Efficient thief steals the diary of a woman during a robbery and uses the inside information within as a blueprint for seducing the victim. Extra scenes added for the "Special" Home Video Version which tips the balance from film noir to erotic thriller. Earned a Razzie nomination for Harold Faltemeyer's score, which I thought was very good.
November 8, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013

(1984) Thief Of Hearts
THRILLER

Written and directed by Douglas Day Stewart which is like a less charismatic version of "To Catch A Thief" since the lead star is no Cary Grant centering on Steven Bauer as Scott Muller, a professional thief who happens to fall in love with a high class lady Micky Davis (Barbara Williams) he has already stole from as a result of reading her private diary which was locked in a jewel box. She's an interior decorator and upon meeting him, he tells her he's an owner of a warehouse that sells school supplies. And although she is already married, that doesn't prevent him from trying to break her relationship with her actual husband Ray Davis (John Getz) who writes popular children books for a living even though he has no children of his own. David Caruso also stars as the Scott's shady partner Buddy who at that particular time wasn't a major star yet, and George Wendt also has a small part as Ray Davis's publisher and friend of children books.

The movie consists of a plot I've had never seen before but at the same time it also fills the movie with mediocre 1980's music during interaction scenes between Barbara Williams and Steven Bauer. Had this film been heightened might've motivated me to give this film a much higher rating despite the good ending.

2.5 out of 4 stars
½ September 21, 2013
Terribly gaudy, but still pleasing to watch.
July 4, 2012
Very 80s. Our heroine chooses sex then chooses love but can't fully reject her thief lover. Well that is a mess of cliches. Anyway, it was not great but I liked it.
January 29, 2012
This is not a masterpiece, just a nice erotic high-concept thriller well worth seeking out. Supporting actor David Caruso, who is magnificently evil early in his career, is a plus.
May 28, 2011
Liked Steven Bauer in Scarface....he was even more hotter in this film.
January 21, 2011
A perfect movie. Romantic, intriguing, suspenseful, great introduction for Steven Bauer and David Caruso. Imaginative and original story.
October 4, 2009
love it. great steamy date movie.
½ August 18, 2009
(3-1/2 stars out of 5) This 80's erotic thriller is about a small time thief (played by Scarface's Steven Bauer) who is not only hot, dark and dangerous but he's also a loner who's good at what he does. When he breaks into a couple's condo & also steals what turn out to be the wife's diaries--he's intrigued enough to read them all cover to cover. He's so taken with her that he accidentally (on purpose) meets her and starts a friendship, which quickly turns to a business arrangement, which quickly turns into an affair. Bauer does his best to elevate the material and it shows. He could have played him as a one-dimensional man whore but you sensed his struggle to get himself out of that line of work and try and make a life with her. He was tired of lying to her and she was pulling away as a result. Ultimately you know the affair is doomed once her husband and the police get wind of the situation. They do however share one last tender moment because they clearly have a lot of passion for each other.
March 8, 2009
One of the most romantic movies I have ever seen... A little naughty...
February 1, 2009
Okay this is totally cheesy, complete with David Caruso and George Wendt...but I saw it when I was like 12 and it's every female's fantasy that some hot thief who drives a motorcycle breaks in and steals your diary, then decides to act out all your most wicked fantasies. Steven Bauer was totally hot in the 80's, and the scene on the boat when he's applying suntan oil to his naked chest makes me bite my knuckles.
October 10, 2008
I remember going to the movie theatres when this movie came out. It was sold out that night along with the Terminator I. I saw this movie on VHS since I was too young to see it in the theatres. I think the good guy, bad guy, hot chick, and hero ending always win my vote.
January 14, 2008
I Own this movie on Dvd. and I think it a pretty good movie .
January 13, 2008
if i were rating steven bauer's looks, i'd give the movie a million stars. he is so hot. but the movie is still ok! when this came out, i used to have crazy dreams about steven bauer!
November 16, 2007
Not the best movie, but a great movie to see with a date -she will be intrigued and turned on.
November 9, 2007
My Mother had a big crush on Steven Bauer and owned a copy of this movie so I've seen it more times than I would have cared to. It's essentially like watching an episode of Red Shoe Diaries or Harlequin Presents.
½ October 15, 2007
Great example of an erotic thriller from the 80s. Good cast, good story. Probably one of the best soundtracks of the last decades.
aprilneo
October 3, 2007
September 26, 2007
The Best Love Movie EveeeeR!