The Thing About My Folks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Thing About My Folks Reviews

August 14, 2015
The two leads bond well on film though there is a little to much talk and that can be grating.
½ November 14, 2014
A good movie for couples and multigenerational families to watch.
½ June 8, 2014
Very good movie. Made me laugh a lot too.
½ January 24, 2014
Semmi újat nem alkotott, gyenge.
December 28, 2012
This mght work if the writing is extrordinary. I'm not running out to see.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
August 13, 2012
I fell asleep watching this and all I heard was Peter Falk and Paul Reiser constantly talking while sleeping....not sure if I want to try it again.....
½ December 19, 2011
What an amazing and magnificent movie. It`s hilarious, deeply moving and utterly satisfying. A masterpiece of comedy and drama well rounded into a real joy of a film. Some of the best and most realistic character work i have ever seen ina film. It delivers unstoppable laughs from start to finish. Peter Falk and Paul Reiser give outstanding and beautiful performances. Falk is brilliant, he gives one of the bet screen performances of 2005. Weiser is excellent, he writes as well as performs superbly in this film. A stunning and well-crafted picture.
December 11, 2011
This one was really good. Shame it only had a limited release
March 21, 2011
awww sounds like a tear jerker
½ June 27, 2010
The begining of the movie was boring but the ending was sad
March 15, 2010
Sounds like a sleeper
December 27, 2009
A touching story about a son and a father. It shows how people always have the ability to surprise you! A heartwarming story.
October 22, 2009
The rubbish title almost put me off this one, but the presence of Peter Falk drew me back and thank goodness! A sweet little film about the relationship between father and son that doesn't become too twee and sugary... even the usually annoying Paul Reiser was tolerable here!
October 14, 2009
Cute story about life, disappointments, and family relationships.
June 7, 2009
Would like to see it eventually
½ May 24, 2009
Entetaining enough...
May 15, 2009
Wasn't prepared to enjoy a Paul Reiser feature-length comedy, but enjoy it I did, thanks primarily to national treasure Falk, but Reiser's perceptive script and breezy chemistry with Falk shouldn't be discounted. A nice little surprise.
April 22, 2009
This movie explores what one man does when his father shows up at his home in the middle of the night after his wife of nearly 50 years has left him. On an impromptu road trip, both men learn alot about each other and begin to get to know each other as men and not just father and son. Great cast too!
March 22, 2009
Kind of cheesy and kind of cliche, but hey.... who doesn't love dad-son bonding movies?