Things We Lost in the Fire Reviews

• Feb 10, 2017

A fairly well-constructed plot, which unfolds gracefully. Del Toro and Berry are thoroughly human and believable characters who share a symbiotic road to recovery. Del Toro's character is complex, and part of the intrigue of this movie is the unravelling of his complexities, often in emotionally tense scenes.

• Feb 10, 2017

The story does not hold up to the pace of the movie. Very long and slow with nothing really happening to draw you in further. Well acted for the most part but does also feel over acted as well, especially Halle Berry.

• Dec 25, 2016

didn't care for the story or the score.

didn't care for the story or the score.

• Nov 18, 2016

For a dark matter this is a beautiful film of human emotion. It's flawed rawness doesn't paint the happiness of pictures, but with heartfelt performances from both Hale Berry and Benicio Del Toro, this meets a level within you, not every viewer will appreciate

• Sep 06, 2016

I really enjoyed this Beautiful Film , but I just wanted a little more scenes with David Duchovny(Mulder, The X Files)...

• Jul 08, 2016

86% Things we lost in the fire benefits from its most eccentric script that is too often meandering and careless, but allows it to deviate from a cliched path. The film also has a powerhouse performance from Benicio Del Toro and Berry in one of her best roles. The film is a potent look into addiction, love and recovery. Bier's cinematography technique of focussing on the eyes of the characters give the film a unique feel.

• May 08, 2016

Interesting movie. Loved all the roles, Benecio del toro, Halle Berry and David Duchovny. I saw this movie back when it came out but didn't remember all of it. It was great to re watch it.

• Feb 16, 2016

Nuanced storytelling, though conventional at some times, with a subtle performance from Halle Berry and an earth shattering Benicio Del Toro, THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE is finely crafted with repaired heart.

• Dec 22, 2015

misery loves company, yet the misery shared can mend the broken

misery loves company, yet the misery shared can mend the broken

• Nov 14, 2015

I wish it had been better, but it wasn't. Still, what was right, especially the acting and the chemistry, was worth the 118 minutes.