Third Star Reviews

• Dec 24, 2016

Do not trust what the critics say. At. All. This movie is beautifully done and filled with laughter, sadness, and anger through a rag-tag group of friends trying to make a dying man with cancer's life better (Benedict Cumberbatch). This movie is wonderfully acted, shot and written. The ending had me keeled over in sobs and that only happens at the best of movies. If you like sad stories that's uplifting at times, but then sends you spiraling back down, Third Star is for you.

• Nov 12, 2015

underrated film. best of Benedict ever.

underrated film. best of Benedict ever.

• Aug 01, 2015

Great drama even though it falters a little at the end.

Great drama even though it falters a little at the end.

• Jul 13, 2015

Third Star is the greatest film I have ever watched, and I have seen many great films. Words can't describe jus how brilliantly marvelous it is, and I would be shocked to hear that anyone thought otherwise. The actors are extremely talented, the script is beyond compare, and the directing is beautifully done. Third Star has given me new perspectives and has broken the bar for film expectations, and is not predictable or expected, because unlike so many others it is realistic and actually delivers real life situations. The characters are real people with actual problems, and they are all extremely likeable and charming in their own hilarious way. Please watch this great piece of art and experience the way that it was meant to be, with a sense of adventure.

• Jun 13, 2015

Third Star is better than I had expected and JJ Field is such an amazing actor! He is even better than Benedict Cumberbatch in it.

• Aug 11, 2014

It makes me laugh that some critics say this film is unremarkable; probably the same who give four stars to X Men

• Jul 21, 2014

This film is beautifully filmed in a wonderful setting. The scenery backs up the sensitive plotline, adding to the surrealness of these people's adventure. A touching film, 4.5.

• Jul 16, 2014

This is truly a beautiful movie. It tells a story of a dying man diagnosed with cancer and how his three friends go on a long walk into the wilderness as to celebrate his birthday. This movie really captures the stunning setting. The story is where I thought it lacked. But that's it. The acting is amazing by benedict cumberbatch and this is an amazing British drama short film. Overall outstanding film with stunning setting to its acting this is a must see.

• Jul 05, 2014

This beautiful movie relates a tragic story in a very familiar way.

This beautiful movie relates a tragic story in a very familiar way.

• Apr 16, 2014

This is one of those movies that manages to be both horribly depressing and genuinely heartwarming at the same time. The story's compelling, the cast is great (Tom Burke is enthralling, and Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing as well, not to mention JJ Feild (and Adam Robertson)), and the cinematography and locations are beautiful. I actually feel the need to own a copy of this film on DVD, and that's a rare thing.