Thirteen Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thirteen Days Reviews

½ November 19, 2016
Saw this in history class, and honestly it was an interesting look into the Cuban Missile Crisis. Not one of the best films I've seen, but definetly belongs on my list of most interesting history-based movies. Not bad, I actually kind of recommend it if you haven't seen it.
½ October 13, 2016
Great movie! REALLY intense thriller, which is hard to pull off considering you know the outcome. Also another great movie that caused me to want to go on a research binge afterwards. The actor that played JFK was sort of close, but I thought he could have gone further with the accent... the guy who played RFK though was dead on!
May 12, 2016
Expertly filmed, paced, plotted and acted Thirteen Days is an excellent look at one of the most pivotal moments in American History.
February 21, 2016
Plodding, solid thriller
½ December 27, 2015
Great script, better than average costumes, decent acting (I say that even with Kevin Costner in a leading role!), good directing -- and lots of historical drama. "Thirteen Days" is the Cuban Missile Crisis lesson you wish you'd had in high school.
November 15, 2015
Drama/thriller charting the 13 days of the Cuban missile crisis of the early sixties. A crisis that had the major powers at the brink of a nuclear war.
Kevin Costner stars in this film during a lull in his career. After his early nineties peek with movies such as Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves and The Bodygaurd his career reached a peak then it all crashed after the disaster of Waterworld in 1994.
This film has acts of fact perhaps acts of fiction. Either way it could be used as a modern history lesson in comprehensive schools with poor history corriculums.
For a film that didn't reach the highs of his early nineties efforts. Costner should be proud of his performance and I enjoyed the significance of the subject matter.
Costner would go on to reprise his JFK era role in the film JFK in 1991.
October 6, 2015
Sterling work from all involved with a lightning-fast pace and sizzling tension throughout.
½ September 20, 2015
Perhaps the fact that Thirteen Days is more of an ensemble piece makes many overlook the films realism and gravitas.
½ August 12, 2015
Fantastic film, it's like watching 'The West Wing': JFK Cuban Missile Crisis expansion pack. If you can't handle talkie films then don't even bother opening your popcorn because this is not for you but I found this gripping. Plus it has Costner obviously.
July 30, 2015
81%
Saw this on 29/7/15
What surprised me the most was how a political film had that much production design and the superb cinematography makes Thirteen Days a fine watch. The film is well directed and acted and the flight scenes are minor battle scenes are all great and it reminded me a lot about Top Gun.
½ July 24, 2015
A taut and suspenseful drama about one of the scariest moments of the 20th century.
June 28, 2015
I watched this during my history class and while most kids were bored and not paying attention, I actually liked it and learned a lot from it. The movie is well casted with Kevin Costner playing JFKs assistant and portrays his role accordingly. The movie really does a good job giving a first hand look at what went on during the Cuban MIssile Crisis.
June 10, 2015
Finely scripted and wonderfully acted....compelling all the way round.
May 13, 2015
I loved the movie and now in my history class, we are analysing the movie and i find it mostly historical accurate, but like every movie they needed to add drama.
March 29, 2015
Good history lesson, but overly dramatised.
February 21, 2015
A solid film depicting the thirteen days on the brink of a horrible war.
January 29, 2015
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
½ January 14, 2015
This movie does a fine job of capturing the mounting tension during thirteen days leading up to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Although this is an evident dramatization of the events, the performances are fairly reserved. It is definitely a one-time watch, especially in the context of the recent talks about lifting the trade embargo between USA and Cuba.
½ January 11, 2015
Intriguing, Well acted and historical. A good suspense movie with some good performances
½ January 3, 2015
Ein gut gemachter und gut erklärter Film, dass am Rande des dritten Weltkrieges war! Gespickt mit Archivaufnahmen und ab und zu in Schwarzweiss gefilmte Szenen, erinnern an den Zwischenfällen der sogenannten Dreizehn Tage. Die Darsteller sind gut besetzt und auch die schwere Musik untermalt die schwierigen Tage des damaligen Präsidenten. Der Film hat aber kleinere Schwächen, dass es manchmal nicht vorwärts geht und damit einige Überlängen hat.
Fazit: Für diese kleine Geschichtsstunde ist die Story gut besetzt. Die Spannung verliert sich aber zwischen den Szenen!