This Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Darkness Reviews

½ February 11, 2011
Let me start by saying that the Director- Dylan O'Leary, freely admits that "the production values were negligable"... and that should give you an idea of this movie's quality.

I had some hope, since the opening credits were quite stylish and interesting. If they had put half as much time and effort into the rest of the movie, ti could've been a really decent one.

The basic plot was interesting, and could've provided a solid foundation for the story. The characters even showed glimmers of being interesting- provided the opportunities to develop them were used.

The acting, was pretty cheesy and stilted- though I think in the case of Vinh Son Nguyen's FBI character, I think it was (hopefully) meant to be like that as a bit of a parody of the stereotypical FBI agent. The best performances were actually handed in by David Everritt as Tarquin the Vampire.

Even though the movie suffered in the areas of camera work, acting, and pacing, I was still able to enjoy this film for the chuckles it gave me.
November 11, 2010
Ultra low budget horror film that seems to only be of intrest for horror fans that have already seen everything else. The lord of darkness is back and ready to tear apart some small spring break town where a genetic scientist is working on viruses named Van Helsing, but hey call me Van. The scientist is seduced by one of the dark lord's minions and makes a deal for the dark side, but rises up and makes a final stand for a young student that is starting to fall for him. Surprised that I was albe to make it all the way through this one with it's handheld camcorder look and everything.
½ March 18, 2008
I didn't like this film.
½ December 10, 2006
Extremely boring. Do not bother watching, absolute waste of time.