This Is Cinerama - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is Cinerama Reviews

½ November 5, 2012
It's not just a movie, but an entire experience. No story, no dialogue, no plot, nothing of a conventional movie. "This Is Cinerama" was meant to be the first film to show off the process of the new 3-panel curved-screen multi-channel sound system extravaganza that was called "Cinerama", and only able to be projected in specialized Cinerama theaters. There are some incredibly awesome scenes like flying around, the roller coaster, and waterskiing. Yet there are some incredibly boring parts like the Vienna Boy's Choir or the church singers. And what was up with the waterskiier on the chair? The process is not perfect, with some errors in the picture synchronization at the edges, and how straight flat lines don't look straight or flat anymore.
May 11, 2011
A milestone in movie making. Too bad it died.
September 10, 2009
Simply amazing. I wish all of you could have seen it with me, it was an experience of a lifetime. Imagine the "Soarin' Over California" ride from Disneyland, and that's as close as you're going to get to the experience I had, although it pales in comparison. The movie itself isn't that great, and it's a little bit boring sometimes (Aida Act II Finale sequence, I'm looking at you), but as a cinematic experience it was unparalleled. The movie exists to show beautiful and breathtaking images accompanied by awesome 7-channel stereo sound, and it delivers completely. This movie changed movies from then on. It's a true milestone in cinema.
March 15, 2009
A must see for those following the technical evolution of film making (and projection in this case too).
September 15, 2007
"Isto É Cinerama"
Montanha russa filmada, introdução de uma nova técnica de filmagem.