Reviews

• Jan 02, 2020

This film was shot as a first feature by Alex Ferrari with an unbelieveable budget of $5000. Shows how much a determined filmmaker can do with practically no money (compared to bloated Hollywood productions) & a lot of creativity plus perserverance. I give it my double-yer-money-back guarantee. Give it a whirl.

• Nov 15, 2019

Was listening to the Indie Film Hustle podcast and learned about this film. Not a surprise that the guy behind Indie Film Hustle would come up with such a brilliantly designed production. Hilarious, free flowing comedy. Smart concept, well executed. Great commentary of the influence of social media on those seeking a role in the public eye.

• Oct 25, 2019

This movie is for anyone who's felt the pain of choosing to do something difficult and dealing with yourself in the process. It's a funny satire about Los Angeles and the things we go through to achieve our dreams and find ourselves. Felt like a Duplass Brothers film (in a good way). The film leads up to an event that I won't spoil, but it's REALLY funny, and had some great acting- especially Carlos Alazraqui and Debra Wilson. Enjoy!

• Oct 25, 2019

The lead actress is adorable and I could so relate to her. She wants to succeed, but it's so hard to adapt in this fast pacing world, specifically if you didn't grow up with social media. Funny, loveable, a cute indie comedy worth checking out!

• Oct 25, 2019

Fun and funny characters Meg is multitalented, show business is so tough sometimes you need to laugh to keep from crying. Meg is a fun and funny lots of creativity in this movie.

• Oct 25, 2019

I started having some reservations at first but then.....I started realizing that I'm pretty much looking at many of my friends who face the same problems. I know it because I see them every week and hear the same stories. The film doesn't try to take a philosophical spin on the entertainment industry. It just simply shows us to what ludicrous extent people are willing to go to fulfil their dreams and the ludicrous extent others are going so it doesn't happen. It's a fun film to watch where Jill-Michele does excellent job making Meg's character very believable.

• Oct 24, 2019

A hilarious and sometimes scarily real take on life when you are pusuing a career in the entertainment industry.This is lots of fun and very honest. The comedic timing of the lead actress is impeccable. Highly recommend!

• Oct 20, 2019

A fun look at the real life trials of actresses and those that pursue a career in the crazy world that is filmmaking. I enjoyed this one a lot. It was really professionally done while maintaining a unique indie voice. Lots of familiar faces pop up as well. :)

• Oct 15, 2019

"This Is Meg" marries a fantastic premise with truly knockout execution in a film about a working comedienne/actress and her rough adjustment to today's fame engine now being almost entirely driven by the bewildering forces of social media. Jill-Michele Melean is our Meg in question, and the casting folks truly nailed it here, as Melean's elite work is as hilarious as it is refreshingly authentic. Taking initial stock of both her professional and personal life, none of the right boxes are checked for Meg, and therein rests the film's transcendent application to a mass audience: Melean deftly elevates Meg into a nuanced symbol of our nearly universal plight to find some internalized comfort in the everyday present. In the end, "This Is Meg" manages to succeed both as a literal laugh-out-loud comedy, and as a comforting reflection of our struggles to shrug off the weight of our previous expectations while embracing instead what the given moment has to offer. "Keep running!"